Raid on President Trump's Home

Facebook/twitter/etc have made it much easier to treat politics like a SEC championship game and not something that actually has consequences.
For as long as I have bemoaned how the American public's enthusiasm towards sports/simulations of things with consequences far outweighed public interest in politics/things with consequences, this may lead to an even worse situation than yesteryear's indifference to it.

Nicely put.

If it's shown he had info AND was going to do something with it, then smash him; otherwise, I think it's a bad move to basically "find a crime" a former president.

I’m curious as to the possibilities of the “something” Trump might “do” with SCI/TS nuke stuff?

The first part of your post, up to the bolded, part, I agree with.

But were Republicans regularly physically attacking voters on the other side and burning down American cities, and actively calling for the dismantlement of major US institutions during the McCain vs. Obama time period? I know it was a long time ago and my memory sucks, but I don't recall any of that.

It's accelerationism in action.

It used to stay within the realms of just talking, but as the rhetoric gets more extreme and common (Bush/GOP war criminals, Obama as a chimp/calls for lynching), the boundary of what people think is acceptable gets pushed.

This isn't one side. The right pushes the line a bit, so the left pushes some more (or vice versa) amd the line just keeps going further because we keep saying "well, what about the other side?".

ETA: I dont have a good idea of what would be a "fix" for this. It either cools off or explodes in some form, and im not sure which will happen first.
I’m curious as to the possibilities of the “something” Trump might “do” with SCI/TS nuke stuff?

The most common theory I've seen bandied about is something involving Saudi Arabia.

Apparently there was a 2019 investigation by the oversight commitee regarding a whistle-blower(s) saying the administration was attempting to give "nuclear technology" to the Saudis.

I'd like to make it clear that the oversight committee found no wrong-doing; the tech in question was involving reactors.

It'd be crazy for Trump to have taken nuke documents to sell to the Saudis.
That's something that requires a lot more than some journalist/political commentators trying to "follow breadcrumbs" and make dots line up over years.

The crazier thing is I wouldn't put it past Trump (or other politicians as full of themselves as him[Clintons]) to actually do something like this is they thought they could get away with it.

The reality of it is that our politicians are all third grade playground bullies trying to abuse everyone else that isn’t in their gang. None of them care about this country or the electorate. None of them - they all suck…

: I dont have a good idea of what would be a "fix" for this. It either cools off or explodes in some form, and im not sure which will happen first.
Raiding the home of a popular former president isnt going to cool things. (Yes, he is popular to a large swath of Americans whether ones wants to admit this or not)

Our politicians need to stop choosing sides and realize they are not our leaders, they are our servants.

Last edited:
Raiding the home of a popular former president isnt going to cool things. (Yes, he is popular to a large swath of Americans whether ones wants to admit this or not)

I’m a guy who wants Trump—as I’ve said before—to STFU and retire. I was fed up with him and all the drama. And Jan 6th put the nail in the coffin for me. But even I have found myself sympathizing with his side of things during this latest blow up. That tells me the Democrats, the DOJ etc have misplayed their hand.

I like the cartoon, but I don't think it's accurate. I don't think it blew up on the Democrats at all. I think this is going just they way they hoped it would.

View attachment 40290

I'm not sure which party will benefit. Probably the Dems. I know if Trump decides to run--provided he's not in jail--the GOP is in for an insane national convention...probably one which will lead to an even bigger fissure in the Party and a Democratic White House for another 4.

The whole thing is such a freakin shit show... America loses in the end.

The best thing Trump could do for the party right now is to declare that he is a distraction and does not want to be divisive and just say that he would not accept a nomination and is not running. But his ego will not let him do that.

That is the endstate the Dems are hoping for.

That is the endstate the Dems are hoping for.

Is it? I think they are banking on him fighting and making noise to fracture the GOP. Right now polls are favoring the Democrats, and part because of this. I think if he stepped down the Republicans would galvanize and head through the back two years of this campaign season unified.

Back