Ranger regiment question

Vyrez

Unverified
Hi everyone, I want to become an army ranger the problem is that I'm not a US citizen so I can't qualify for an option 40 contract. I was thinking of getting option 4 contract contact get really good pt scores and hopefully I get offered a chance to try out for the regiment. Is this possible? Thank you guys

Yes but after boot camp wouldn't I be eligible for security clearance?

My experience was that we had a former Canadian paratrooper in RIP (now RASP) with us that wasn't able to get his citizenship in time so he had to jump over to the conventional infantry side instead of graduating and going to Regiment. Just be patient, I'm sure there are some guys on here that can give you a much more contemporary idea.

But I'd guess the reasons for you not being to get the option 40 contract might actually be related to citizenship/clearance.

My experience was that we had a former Canadian paratrooper in RIP (now RASP) with us that wasn't able to get his citizenship in time so he had to jump over to the conventional infantry side instead of graduating and going to Regiment. Just be patient, I'm sure there are some guys on here that can give you a much more contemporary idea.

But I'd guess the reasons for you not being to get the option 40 contract might actually be related to citizenship/clearance.
They let him go through RIP and than tell him he's not allowed to graduate that's fucked up

As the first SOF albeit non-regiment fellow to reply, I'm gonna give you some necessary tough love-

Here's the deal, do you want to be an Army Infantryman or not? The RIP selection rate is something like 20-30%, there's a whole lot of things that are keeping you from graduating other than your citizenship.

If you are intent on being a stellar Airborne Infantryman, then becoming a US citizen should be an easy secondary objective.

That being said, you'll get your shot at RIP after BAC, or down the road- it won't matter 10 years from now.

If you aren't interested in becoming a US citizen, I would recommend a different career field.

As the first SOF albeit non-regiment fellow to reply, I'm gonna give you some necessary tough love-

Here's the deal, do you want to be an Army Infantryman or not? The RIP selection rate is something like 20-30%, there's a whole lot of things that are keeping you from graduating other than your citizenship.

If you are intent on being a stellar Airborne Infantryman, then becoming a US citizen should be an easy secondary objective.

That being said, you'll get your shot at RIP after BAC, or down the road- it won't matter 10 years from now.

If you aren't interested in becoming a US citizen, I would recommend a different career field.
You're not understanding my question, I'm wondering what path to take for the quickest way to get a shot at RASP as a non citizen, what I think of doing is since I can't qualify for an option 40 contract ill get an option 4 get really good scores and hopefully get selected to volunteer at RASP. Honestly I could care less about citizenship the problem is its blocking my goal at getting a shot at RASP.

You're not understanding my question, I'm wondering what path to take for the quickest way to get a shot at RASP as a non citizen, what I think of doing is since I can't qualify for an option 40 contract ill get an option 4 get really good scores and hopefully get selected to volunteer at RASP. Honestly I could care less about citizenship the problem is its blocking my goal at getting a shot at RASP.
Qualifications to Join the 75th Ranger Regiment

• Be a U.S. citizen

The United States Army | Fort Benning

Two second search, taken directly from the official Ranger Battalion page. That is your answer.

I know that you have to be a citizen, what I'm asking is that I'd it possible to get some shot at it down the road as I enlist as regular infantry.

As a US citizen, yes. As a non-US citizen, it is pretty clear.

What's wrong with Canada's SOF units?

Haha nothing just am not from Canada, thank you everyone for taking your time to help me.

Obviously you're not from the United States either, but you want to join our SOF.

As an immigrant who joined the U.S. Army, I can tell you a few things. First, you will not get a MOS that requires a security clearance until you are a citizen. That means no Option 40 and no being invited to RASP during OSUT. It's not going to happen. You can have the best scores in the world and it's still not going to happen.

Second, if you don't care about citizenship you should think twice about joining my Army and specifically my Infantry. Odds are you'll be sent abroad to fight or die; it seems strange to want to do that for a country you don't want to swear allegiance to.

Third, section 329 of the Immigration and Nationality Act may become your best friend.

Obviously you're not from the United States either, but you want to join our SOF.

As an immigrant who joined the U.S. Army, I can tell you a few things. First, you will not get a MOS that requires a security clearance until you are a citizen. That means no Option 40 and no being invited to RASP during OSUT. It's not going to happen. You can have the best scores in the world and it's still not going to happen.

Second, if you don't care about citizenship you should think twice about joining my Army and specifically my Infantry. Odds are you'll be sent abroad to fight or die; it seems strange to want to do that for a country you don't want to swear allegiance to.

Third, section 329 of the Immigration and Nationality Act may become your best friend.
I'm saying I don't care about citizenship in the sense that I don't want people to assume I'm enlisting in the army just for citizenship. But in any matter what does citizenship have to do with anything involving giving your life for a country you love.

But in any matter what does citizenship have to do with anything involving giving your life for a country you love.
It's one of the first steps in proving that you love it.

Back