Real Life "The Shield"

Saw the headline on Yahoo news. All I could think was, "Well, Baltimore." Hopefully this will be the last straw.

Such a shame that the recent history of Baltimore is one of lawlessness and abuse of personal property and is excused at the highest levels in that city.

This thread reminds me of this story and this thread.

Murdered Baltimore homicide detective was due to testify against fellow officers indicted for drug-dealing

A Baltimore police officer who was killed with his own service weapon was preparing to testify against fellow officers indicted in a drug-running scheme.

Sean Suiter, 43, was fatally shot in the head on November 15, and authorities say there is evidence of a struggle, according to the Baltimore Sun.

At the time of his murder, the homicide detective was scheduled to testify before a federal grand jury about a case that alleged police in his city had conspired with cops in Philadelphia to sell cocaine and heroin.

The drugs they were going to sell were allegedly seized from the streets of Baltimore, Philly.com reported.

Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis has claimed that there is no link between Suiter's death and the drug-running indictment.

'The BPD and the FBI do not possess any information that this incident is part of any conspiracy,' Davis told the Baltimore Sun.

Man, this reads like a trailer for a new show coming out. What a shitshow for the city of Baltimore. Hopefully these guys get smashed by the judge.

Baltimore Police officers found guilty of racketeering, robbery in Gun Trace Task Force corruption case

Jacksonville, FL had a "Shield like" case about 20 years ago.

#034: 01-22-03 FIVE DEFENDANTS INCLUDING FORMER JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA POLICE OFFICERS SENTENCED ON MURDER AND OTHER FELONIES
Former JSO Officer Guilty On 14 Counts
JSO Officer Sentanced to 121 years

I worked with the wife of a guy involved in the case, a cop who testified against the others. She would later go to jail for grand theft after stealing 20+ thousand from our then employer.

Crazy stuff out there.

Can we just have one thread about a non-Florida city being a shitshow, without you dragging it down with your one-upsmanship??!?!? CAN WE?!?!?

I'm still waiting for someone to bribe me to get out of something, I’ll take a fake phone number. I must not be very charming in my approach.

Back