Robert J Bowen, Sgt USMC Scout Sniper

SgtUSMC8541

Marine Scout Sniper
Verified Sniper
He was my Chief Scout Sniper for a while. A great Marine. Did AD then joined the Reserves and my Plt. Went with us to Iraq in 2003. Was with 2/2 SSP for a while in 2000-2001. Joined 2/25 in 2001

Rest In Peace Rob.

You were a great friend and a true Marine. You will be missed.

Semper Fi my brother.

An off-duty Suffolk County Police officer was killed in an early-morning crash Monday on the eastbound Long Island Expressway after he apparently lost control of his car, struck another vehicle, hit a guardrail and was ejected from the car.

A Suffolk County Sheriff's spokesman said Robert Bowen, 34, of Ronkonkoma, was killed in the crash, which occurred just west of Exit 58 in Islandia at about 4:15 a.m. Monday.
Sheriff's Department Chief of Staff Michael Sharkey said Bowen was headed east in a 1994 BMW when he lost control of the vehicle, clipped a 2000 Ford Explorer being driven by Segundo Granda, 38, of Sag Harbor, went off the road, struck a guardrail - and his car overturned. Sharkey said Bowen was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Granda was not injured.

The road was closed for several hours for the ensuing investigation. Two two-car accidents and a car fire later closed lanes on the westbound roadway through the area - the crashes apparently caused by rubbernecking, sources said.

The cause of the fatal crash involving Bowen remains under investigation Monday.

Back