Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

She may not be the best fighter ever, but she had one of the best lines at last night's ESPY's:

When Rousey won Best Fighter at Wednesday night’s ESPY awards, she said, “I wonder how Floyd [Mayweather] feels being beat by a woman for once,” ESPN reports. Mayweather, the pound-for-pound boxing champion, has has been arrested multiple times on domestic violence charges. Rousey also bragged, “I’d like to see you pretend to not know who I am now,” after Mayweather claimed in a 2014 interview that he had no idea who she was.

Good on her for calling him out. Mayweather would look so silly trying to hug people in the ring if he had broken arms.

I'd like to see the fight go all rounds and into a decision. My money is on Rousey.

I wouldn't. That's anathema to judo, and why leave it in the hands of the judges? I hope she tears through her as expected, first round, armbar.

Correia before the fight (Famous last words lol)

“I’m going to beat Ronda. I’m going to make her feel the weight of my hand,” said Correia. “She gets away from striking. She doesn’t like it. You’ve never seen Ronda get jabbed in a fight. She’s going to try to get away from me.”

This one was a beat down. Finishing moves: Rousey had Correia up along the fence with Correia trying to back up. 2 brutal lefts followed with a vicious right. KTFO.

No armbar needed. 34 seconds total.

So much for "No striking."

Ronda Rousey KOs Bethe Correia in 34 seconds at UFC 190

Last edited:
There was nothing technical about that fight...Ronda just went in there as crazed woman unloading everything and it was done. Fast finish.

The finish, yeah. But start striking, clinch, trip (with a deashi or something), then unload as she gets up and backs into the cage.... It may not have been technical, but it was very smart.

You can't strike if you can't stand.

When Rousey hit her with that right that sent her to the floor, it almost looked like Correia caught a left about halfway down. She never stood a chance.

Back