Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

When Rousey hit her with that right that sent her to the floor, it almost looked like Correia caught a left about halfway down. She never stood a chance.

So basically, you saw the entire 34 seconds :ROFLMAO:

Listen, I am gonna stand by my original statement- she didn't even bother clinching/throwing and knocked a brawler the fuck out in :34 seconds with nasty hands in a fight she wanted in that fighters hometown because she wanted to embarrass the only challenger she had.

She's the most dominant MMA athlete today, in the same conversation with Aldo (we will see after the Aldo/McGregor fight) and only a couple others.

The only problem now is this- Dana said Tate would get a fight if Tate won her next fight- but who wants to see that?

Nothing short of amazing, Mike Tyson is back and in a woman's body. Her opponent had no business in the ring with her...whatsoever! From hearing her speak, watching her body language and seeing her in appearances she seems to be a class act. A total package, I wouldn't want to fight her that's for sure! If in fact the other fighter said those things about her family and her then doom on her... Eat mat bitch!

Respect

And the Cosby/ Rousey memes are hitting the Net. I can't post one from here, but Google will see you through.

11822854_1018168848215480_4842491674362920485_n.jpg

Nothing short of amazing, Mike Tyson is back and in a woman's body. Her opponent had no business in the ring with her...whatsoever! From hearing her speak, watching her body language and seeing her in appearances she seems to be a class act. A total package, I wouldn't want to fight her that's for sure! If in fact the other fighter said those things about her family and her then doom on her... Eat mat bitch!

Respect

You must be off your meds to have the two bolded items in the same thought.
Rousey does handle herself very well and seems to be level headed - the exact opposite of Tyson's temperament.
Rousey is a clean (for MMA) fighter, whereas Tyson is just a wild rabid fucking animal in the boxing ring.

I believe Tyson should be under a fucking jail somewhere, but he has celebrity so he's walking the streets as a menace to the population.

When Rousey hit her with that right that sent her to the floor, it almost looked like Correia caught a left about halfway down. She never stood a chance.
She indeed popped her with a last quick left jab on her way down to the mat.

The best part? Previously at the weigh-ins, Correia kept screaming at Ronda Rousey, "Don't cry! Don't cry!" During the live streaming of the actual fight, Ronda turned around right after she had grounded Correia and blurted something out at her before walking away (the crowd noise prevented it from being heard on live stream). Ronda later confirmed her last words to the beaten Correia: "Don't cry!" :thumbsup:

Listen, I am gonna stand by my original statement- she didn't even bother clinching/throwing and knocked a brawler the fuck out in :34 seconds with nasty hands in a fight she wanted in that fighters hometown because she wanted to embarrass the only challenger she had.

She's the most dominant MMA athlete today, in the same conversation with Aldo (we will see after the Aldo/McGregor fight) and only a couple others.

The only problem now is this- Dana said Tate would get a fight if Tate won her next fight- but who wants to see that?

I'm down, shut that mouthy kook up for good.

x SF med "the troll"; never miss an opportunity to take something completely out of context. ;)

And how, exactly, was anything I said taken out of context. You likened Ms Rousey to the female incarnation of Mike Tyson, and then said she was a class act. I merely pointed out that this was a wholly dichotomous set of statements. Is my reading comprehension failing me, or did you state something different that I cannot see?

Mod hat off, and in another universe:

I did not like you in your first incarnation here on this board, and that feeling has carried over for me since your ban was lifted and you rejoined with the change in management. I find you smarmy and incredibly self serving. But alas, I cannot put you on ignore as I am a staff member, so I read and dismiss the majority of you posts. Were you as astute as you think you are you would note that the moniker "Troll" when applied to me is not in any way a reference to internet trolls, it actually comes from my time in the service, and my avatar.

And how, exactly, was anything I said taken out of context. You likened Ms Rousey to the female incarnation of Mike Tyson, and then said she was a class act. I merely pointed out that this was a wholly dichotomous set of statements. Is my reading comprehension failing me, or did you state something different that I cannot see?

Mod hat off, and in another universe:

I did not like you in your first incarnation here on this board, and that feeling has carried over for me since your ban was lifted and you rejoined with the change in management. I find you smarmy and incredibly self serving. But alas, I cannot put you on ignore as I am a staff member, so I read and dismiss the majority of you posts. Were you as astute as you think you are you would note that the moniker "Troll" when applied to me is not in any way a reference to internet trolls, it actually comes from my time in the service, and my avatar.

Your personal opinions and conclusions are abundantly clear, obvious and unchangeable. Take care

Respectfully

Anyways, 34 seconds. That's pretty fast, but a lot longer than I last...I mean longer than I would last. :-"

The only thing I will add to the conversation is this- Mike Tyson was a convicted rapist and beater of women... Ronda has been overtly aggressive and vocal about violence against women (usually aimed at Floyd Mayweather Jr).

I get what you're saying @Loki - she's devastating, powerful, and reaping havoc against people that should be her equal. I think that's waht you meant.

What @x SF med is pointing out is that you used the archetype of what she hates as her comparison- the irony is choking and whatever message you had was lost. Why not use, say, Mohammad Ali? Her record, abilities, dominance over a time frame are all comparable. You wouldn't be going out on a limb saying something like, "Damn, Rousey is like Ali in his prime! Absolutely dominant."

Just a weird comparison when you look at the whole picture, that's all.

A pretty cool story about the woman and it appears to be true.

When We Asked Ronda Rousey If She Had Apraxia of Speech

She started to get really worked up now. Emotions spilled out of her. I read in an interview people think she’s so tough, but really she wears her heart on her sleeve and she was, right then, in that moment.

“They wanted to put me in a special classroom away from my friends. They thought I was stupid! But by fourth grade I was top of my class in algebra, and by high school I tested gifted.”

She's always been an under dog, been booed inmost places she competed, but she won anyway. She simply don't give a fuck.

Ronda was an a Reddit AMA/ Ask Me Anything and it is epic.

"Rowdy" Ronda Rousey here, AMA! • /r/IAmA

Ronda I know you love DragonBall Z. Who would you rather train with in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? Goku or Vegeta?

[–]ronda_rousey87Ronda Rousey 4715 points4716 points4717 points 8 days ago (147 children)

Vegeta. For sure. Goku is such a fucking goodygoody that he'd be fun to be friends with but I'd get annoyed hanging out with him after 2 weeks, let alone after a whole year. I'd imagine that Vegeta and I would have many an interesting debate. Probably not about politics but maybe like societal shit.

Hey Ronda! Big fan!
Are you going to train with this guy for Tate?
I swear to God you should

[–]ronda_rousey87Ronda Rousey 5995 points5996 points5997 points 8 days ago (71 children)

Yes. It's already set in motion. He's going to teach me the art of the full body boner via hemp rope training.

What's up Ronda!
Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character from the books, and what would your sigil be if you were a character?

[–]ronda_rousey87Ronda Rousey 4175 points4176 points4177 points 8 days ago (196 children)

i always get super stoked when I see it's a Daenarys (the ANTI D.N.B.) chapter, and would get really bummed when I saw it was a Catlyn chapter. But for some reason my heart is always Team Stark.

My sigil would be a Mew with Vegeta hair.

And on and on and on...Good stuff, funny stuff, it is interesting/ entertaining if you have the time.

Back