Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

Holly Holms just smoked Ronda Rousey! She had a great game plan, footwork, landing punches and denying the clinch.

I'm a big fan of Rousey, but this is a good thing. Losing will bring her back down to the real world. Everyone can be beaten.

Last edited:
So, does anyone think that nasty left leg of Holly Holm's can connect and catch Ronda? Anyone?

UltimateCloudyKillifish.gif

Just made some MONNNNNNNEYYYY!
Seconded. By -far- the easiest $100 I've made in a bet, ever. The row of faces along the bar was priceless. There were maybe four of us out of a crowd of 80 that were left smiling after that embarrassment.

Drago - 1-0. Pigface - 0-1.

Sanders lover goes down. All my life I have cheered for the Underdog. Hell I am a Bengals fan. Never, ever underestimate the underdog. Rousey. Will rise again. She got taught a very important lesson tonight.

After about two minutes into the first, Rousey looked gassed and was swinging like an angry child.

Rousey believed all her own hype and generally comes across as being an extremely easy person to dislike. I for one, am delighted she got knocked out.

It should be noted though, that while everyone will scramble to make excuses and talk about maybe Rousey's fight prep wasn't great, she was having issues etc. Holly Holm was just absolutely surgical, she had a fight plan and carried it out to a tee. It was an outstanding performance and I loved when she took Rousey down towards the end of the first round, it just seemed like a massive "Fuck you".

Now roll on Aldo v McGregor :D

When I saw her bit about Sanders I thought she'd taken too many blows to the skull. I guess we can increment that by one now.

I hope there's a rematch and if she wants to regain her legacy she needs to destroy Holm like she did destroyed the others. If she can do that then last night becomes a fluke, a mistake she recovered from. If not...the debate continues though with much less backing.

Seems lately she (Ronda) has been cocky and feeding into her celebrity status. I foresee a rematch. I assume that swift kick to the head knocked her back to being human again, not longer sitting on Mt Olympus. Probably a good thing to happen to her for her career.. In the long run that is.

This is what I meant earlier in the thread about level of competition. Jon Jones, GSP and Silva fought better fighters with better tools.

My problem with Rousey is she is like Royce in early UFC. He had one trick but it was better than everyone else's. Holly and team, took that trick away from her. And unless she improves, they will do it again.

I might live to eat my words after the rematch. If she wins, I will. :D

Last edited:
If EA Sports, home of the Madden Curse, puts you on the cover of their new game? Retire immediately.

EA SPORTS UFC 2 Cover Reveal

EA SPORTS has unveiled Ronda Rousey as the global cover athlete for EA SPORTS UFC 2. Rousey, the defending champion and undefeated in the UFC, is the most dominant and recognized fighter in the world. Hear what Ronda thinks about the cover and get a first look of the champ in the virtual Octagon®.

I think its cause she has a boyfriend, they got in a fight.....blah blah blah...no sex for you but oh wait...she has sexxs to up her testosterone before a fight..........whoooops!!!!

The guy who went all in on H2 got 8X return....well done sir...enjoy it I think she will be back!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::ninja::wall:

Rousey is reportedly going to "take a little time" but will be back.
Ronda Rousey Speaks Out After Shocking Loss

Sounds like maybe, just maybe, she was humbled. Frankly, she needed it. I won't go so far as to call her a one trick pony but that fight raised more than a few questions about her tactics and endurance.

Last edited:
My problem with Rousey is she is like Royce in early UFC. He had one trick but it was better than everyone else's.

Going to be interesting watching the aarp generation (Gracie and Shamrock) go at it, in Feb next year.

I believe Colonial Penn and Fosters Funeral Home are the primary fight sponsors.........:-"

Back