Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

Man Rhonda comes across as unlikable - Ronda Rousey hides her face as she lands at LAX following defeat

With that said, I was JUST about to offer a rare compliment to Mayweather for this quote:
I don't think it's cool how everyone is trolling her on social media,' Mayweather told FightHype....'Certain things you have to learn. People will love you on Friday and then Sunday morning, it's nothing but negative comments and people making jokes and people making fun about you, which I don't think is cool.'

Until I read the rest of the article which followed with:
"He added that he feels a sense of sympathy despite not knowing what it feels like to lose."

LMAO - that dude is such a tool!

Watched the video from the link, won't even dive into the body guard and his sunglasses just above his eyebrows (wtf). But her hiding her face like that and being so reclusive has me wondering where all that loud mouth character bullshit she was spewing went. I mean all the shit she talked about women being "do nothing bitches" and what not, and she gets her ass whipped once and all the sudden is hiding her face, needs a security detail and her boyfriend to slowly walk her through the air port?

I like her as a fighter, can't stand her when she opens her mouth, but damn at least show a little pride...

Watched the video from the link, won't even dive into the body guard and his sunglasses just above his eyebrows (wtf). But her hiding her face like that and being so reclusive has me wondering where all that loud mouth character bullshit she was spewing went. I mean all the shit she talked about women being "do nothing bitches" and what not, and she gets her ass whipped once and all the sudden is hiding her face, needs a security detail and her boyfriend to slowly walk her through the air port?

I like her as a fighter, can't stand her when she opens her mouth, but damn at least show a little pride...
Until now she has walked the walk.

Just noticed the "security guy" is trying to look "the look", but that is not a radio ear-wig, that's an iPhone ear-bud, he's just using it in one ear. LFMAO :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 14453
I watched the video again, she took one hell of a hit to the face; me wonders if she has bruising or a broken nose?
hard to be a hottie when you look like a Domestic Violence victim.

:-o
Isn't Ken Shamrock in his 50's by now?

Yup. Hence the "AARP" reference there Deathy.
intel.gif

I still haven't figured out how she hasn't got the fuck away from Edmund Tarverdyan after his rather bemusing attempt at "coaching" after the first round of the Holm fight. He even went so far as to tell her the first round was "beautiful".

Mental.

Not sure if anyone has read this article yet...but, it's one of the best post fight articles I have seen.

Rousey says she's down but not out
Holy shit. Listening to her words, you can tell that Holm completely defeated Rousey. I mean, Holm didn't just beat her in the ring, she absolutely crushed Rousey's spirit from the first round. And from the looks of it, she still hasn't recovered. That's total defeat.

You could draw a loose comparison between her loss and boxer Naseem Hamed. Both were aggressive, showboat-y fighters who had long strings of unbeaten periods. Though Hamed went almost a decade without a loss, he retired shortly after his first and only loss to Marco Barrera in 2001. Granted, he took one fight post-loss, but it was against a nobody and he won by decision. He was a shadow of his former cocky self, and retired shortly after that last win. The point is that he, like Rousey, built himself up so much that when he was knocked down, he fell hard. It remains to see whether or not Rousey can pick herself up after this loss, but reading that interview it seems like it's going to take a while to mentally piece her together.

Meanwhile, I'm excited to see what the new queen of MMA can do.

Holy shit. Listening to her words, you can tell that Holm completely defeated Rousey. I mean, Holm didn't just beat her in the ring, she absolutely crushed Rousey's spirit from the first round. And from the looks of it, she still hasn't recovered. That's total defeat.

You could draw a loose comparison between her loss and boxer Naseem Hamed. Both were aggressive, showboat-y fighters who had long strings of unbeaten periods. Though Hamed went almost a decade without a loss, he retired shortly after his first and only loss to Marco Barrera in 2001. Granted, he took one fight post-loss, but it was against a nobody and he won by decision. He was a shadow of his former cocky self, and retired shortly after that last win. The point is that he, like Rousey, built himself up so much that when he was knocked down, he fell hard. It remains to see whether or not Rousey can pick herself up after this loss, but reading that interview it seems like it's going to take a while to mentally piece her together.

In the words of Gen Colin Powell: "Never keep your ego so close to your position, that when your position falls your ego goes with it."

She is going to have 6-12 months before she can fight again.
She needs to fight her way to the top in order to get her confidence back, otherwise she loses again and retires.

Back