Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

Holy shit. Listening to her words, you can tell that Holm completely defeated Rousey. I mean, Holm didn't just beat her in the ring, she absolutely crushed Rousey's spirit from the first round. And from the looks of it, she still hasn't recovered. That's total defeat.

You could draw a loose comparison between her loss and boxer Naseem Hamed. Both were aggressive, showboat-y fighters who had long strings of unbeaten periods. Though Hamed went almost a decade without a loss, he retired shortly after his first and only loss to Marco Barrera in 2001. Granted, he took one fight post-loss, but it was against a nobody and he won by decision. He was a shadow of his former cocky self, and retired shortly after that last win. The point is that he, like Rousey, built himself up so much that when he was knocked down, he fell hard. It remains to see whether or not Rousey can pick herself up after this loss, but reading that interview it seems like it's going to take a while to mentally piece her together.

Meanwhile, I'm excited to see what the new queen of MMA can do.

Lol, ok, because she's never been beaten before. How quickly we forget:

Lots of golds there, but lots of silver and bronze. Guess what? Those silvers and bronzes are losses, and these are only the ones that register on the national and int'l scale. She's fought, literally, thousands of matches, from the time she started at 12 until now, and MOST are just regional, not showing up in her record. point being, she's fought, competed, won, AND LOST, at a far higher level, many more times than any other female in the ufc.

But yeah, it's this one that's going to get her down. For sure.

Lol, ok, because she's never been beaten before. How quickly we forget:

Lots of golds there, but lots of silver and bronze. Guess what? Those silvers and bronzes are losses, and these are only the ones that register on the national and int'l scale. She's fought, literally, thousands of matches, from the time she started at 12 until now, and MOST are just regional, not showing up in her record. point being, she's fought, competed, won, AND LOST, at a far higher level, many more times than any other female in the ufc.

But yeah, it's this one that's going to get her down. For sure.
She had reasons to get up before (that fire in the belly thing)
Does she still have that fire?

point being, she's fought, competed, won, AND LOST, at a far higher level, many more times than any other female in the ufc.

Holly Holm is a multiple time boxing World Champion and 2 time female boxer of the year. She is considered to be one of the all time great women boxers. She definitely competed, won and lost at a high level.

Interesting note at least to me. Holly was knocked out by Anne Mathis for a title. In the post fight interview her jaw was obviously swollen but she answered questions with courage. Holly returned to beat Anne Mathis in the rematch. It will be interesting to see if Ronda can do the same.

I reckon if Rousey doesn't go all kinds of focused hard core Spartan Agoge and gets away from the Hollywood celebrity cake eating money making machine, she's in big trouble again.

I reckon if Rousey doesn't go all kinds of focused hard core Spartan Agoge and gets away from the Hollywood celebrity cake eating money making machine, she's in big trouble again.

Biggest problem is Eduard, her trainer. No idea why she didn't hasn't dumped him.

Chuck Liddell steps into the Ronda mess. This quote is telling:

DeMars (Ronda's mother) called Tarverdyan a 'fraud' (Ronda's trainer) at one point and says Rousey's rematch with the same coach in her corner would end the same way as their first fight.
Liddell doesn't seem to disagree. "Is it the guy that told her she could out strike Holly Holm?" Liddell vexed when asked by TMZ.com. "Ronda's striking has greatly improved, he's done a great job with her striking -- but it's another step when you go against a professional striker."

Chuck Liddell offers to train Ronda Rousey if she needs any help

Why would you say that?
The comment was half in jest.

That said, she doesn't come across as focused or determined. She disappeared for a while, there's been a ton of finger pointing, she trying to be an actress, etc. She's already done the nude photo shoot with ESPN, regardless of how she wants to try and justify it. Do her actions even appear remotely in line with the fire/drive you'd expect from someone that could legitimately come back and give Holly Holm a run? Not to me. If she fights her again in November as rumored and loses, then what? If she's not careful, her promising career will be gone in a flash and all of the sudden the Chyna analogy may not be that far fetched.

The comment was half in jest.

That said, she doesn't come across as focused or determined. She disappeared for a while, there's been a ton of finger pointing, she trying to be an actress, etc. She's already done the nude photo shoot with ESPN, regardless of how she wants to try and justify it. Do her actions even appear remotely in line with the fire/drive you'd expect from someone that could legitimately come back and give Holly Holm a run? Not to me. If she fights her again in November as rumored and loses, then what? If she's not careful, her promising career will be gone in a flash and all of the sudden the Chyna analogy may not be that far fetched.

Really? I'll leave the rest to Teddy...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Back