Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

Ronda on the Ellen show, talks about killing herself after the Holm fight...and then it gets awesome.

http://deadspin.com/ronda-rousey-says-she-felt-suicidal-right-after-holly-h-1759380369

While comments are usually a train wreck, they gave us this:
From the link: "It may be hard to believe that someone as successful as Rousey would actually feel like killing herself in that moment..."

No, it isn't hard to believe. Nothing done or said is ever truly out of character.

IME, a unique situation is often all that's required to elicit a previously unknown or dormant thought pattern or behavior; sometimes previously unknown even to the thinker/doer.

This is something Ms. Rousey may wish to keep in mind during her time in the toxic and enabling environment of Hollywood.

And I don't know why she's dating a woman batterer...psychology is a fucked up science. Women tend to be attracted to men like their fathers, Men tend to be attracted to women like their mothers.
I get she's dating Browne and I agree with your comment but on first pass I took it to read as Holm being her abuser. LOL. Why would she return to get her ass beat again. Which begs the earlier question, so, what happens if/when she loses the rematch?

Her father committed suicide, when she was 8, after an accident that left him a paraplegic. From everything I've read she really grieved his loss and had a good relationship with him. She also had to overcome a speech impediment caused by an umbilical chord being wrapped around her neck at birth.

She has been fighting all her life and I think that shows in her mentality in fighting.

...This is something Ms. Rousey may wish to keep in mind during her time in the toxic and enabling environment of Hollywood.

Yep...in Hollywood, the fall is often way longer and harder than imagined. She was on a pedestal and wasn't prepared for the fall. In the world of professional fighters, if they aren't prepared to accept the fact that they can be beat at any given time...then the fall will be painful...as she found out.

It's her choice. She can get back in the saddle or call it quits and move onto something else. Personally, I would like to see her get back in the ring with a more mature perspective than before.

I get she's dating Browne and I agree with your comment but on first pass I took it to read as Holm being her abuser. LOL. Why would she return to get her ass beat again. Which begs the earlier question, so, what happens if/when she loses the rematch?
That's an interesting take, when you look at it in that mode, it makes sense.

All that said, "thank you" Lindsay Vonn, (downhill skier for the neanderthals who are not aware of her), for showing us what a body-painted swim-suit is supposed to look like! :thumbsup:
Technically NSFW since she is nude, but covered with body paint -
Lindsey Vonn Swimsuit Body Paint Photos, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2016

Speaking of the lovely Ms. Vonn and her painted self...THIS is how you do pull ups..."all the way up...all the way down"

I can turn the volume off and watch this all day...sigh...

She would get zero pull-ups if I were grading.
Agree...get that chin up over the bar. But let's not be so hard on her. She has a nice form...I mean...nice form. Really, good looking women doing nude pull ups? Not a lot to complain about.

Yep that's all I'm noticing, too: female, naked, blonde, toned, tanned, body paint, heels, doing quasi pull ups.

I have a couple of troops on the fat boy program who will now be known as Lindsey #1 and #2 during pull ups.

Agree...get that chin up over the bar. But let's not be so hard on her. She has a nice form...I mean...nice form. Really, good looking women doing nude pull ups? Not a lot to complain about.

Again, how many pull ups have YOU ever had to do? You seem to be a big man talking a lot of shit online about the pathetic and sexy attributes about women, when I don't see anything from you about what you have done.
So I say to you, STFU, or nut up buttercup. You ain't done shit.

Back