SAS raiders enter Iran to kill gunrunners

Seraph

Unverified
Not Australian SAS specifically, although they and U.S. are working alongside the Brits:

BRITISH special forces have crossed into Iran several times in recent months as part of a secret border war against the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s Al-Quds special forces, defence sources have disclosed.

There have been at least half a dozen intense firefights between the SAS and arms smugglers, a mixture of Iranians and Shi’ite militiamen.

The unreported fighting straddles the border between Iran and Iraq and has also involved the Iranian military firing mortars into Iraq. UK commanders are concerned that Iran is using a militia ceasefire to step up arms supplies in preparation for an offensive against their base at Basra airport.

An SAS squadron is carrying out operations along the Iranian border in Maysan and Basra provinces with other special forces, the Australian SAS and American special-operations troops.

Full article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2691726.ece

I wish unnamed defence sources would keep their damn mouths shut.

Another agenda drivin leak (I don't like the:politicans/war/americans/etc) so I will leak data, and cause the troops to be withdrawn.

Sorry, didn't anticipate this reaction.

But does the article really constitute a security compromise?

No one went into Iran. I didn't see anyone there...The SAS would never do anything like that...Go about your business, there's no one here that you're looking for...

But does the article really constitute a security compromise?
Big time.

The story has been all over the internet for days now, I dont see any issue to mod it

MOD = Ministry Of Defense.

Surely there'd be legal consequences from the MOD?

Do we know there isn't legal issues in the pipeline over this?

Unfortunately once info is anonymously leaked it's hard/impossible to control or to punish the twat who leaked it.

Yep, sorry, Pardus762 is correct. I mean the MOD in UK, as opposed to a moderator on here!

Yeah, I guess it would be tricky back tracing those leaking.

But the Times, at least here, is regarded as a reputable paper, and not one that would brush with controversy lightly. Seems odd?

But the Times, at least here, is regarded as a reputable paper, and not one that would brush with controversy lightly. Seems odd?

Maybe, who knows, this might not be classified or as has happened in the past the MOD will shut up when sensitive things are aired.

Bottom line, the Times is in business to sell papers.

Just speculation on my part.

Back