School/Mass shootings are now part of our culture.

See my post above. Many people are hearing from this kid now.

Hero student Anthony Borges files first lawsuit in Parkland school shooting

Anthony Borges, the hero teenager who took five bullets while blocking a doorway during the shooting spree, is suing Cruz for assault and battery. Alex Arreaza, the Borges family’s attorney, filed the suit electronically in Broward Circuit Court on Tuesday morning.
The defendants are Cruz, 19, the estate of Cruz’s late mother, Lynda, and James and Kimberly Snead, the Parkland couple who allowed Cruz to stay in their home from late November until Feb. 14, the day of the shooting.
Also named as defendants are Henderson Behavioral Health, the Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health and the South County Mental Health Center, three facilities cited in the suit as treating Cruz for various mental health conditions.

Borges, who survived the shooting, is one of a handful of victims to indicate an intent to sue the Broward School Board and the Broward Sheriff’s Office for failing to protect the students of Stoneman Douglas. Arreaza has said he intends to focus that lawsuit on a school discipline agreement that he says codified a reluctance to turn problem students over to the criminal justice system.
State agencies are entitled to six months’ notice before lawsuits are filed, so the first litigation naming the school district, the sheriff’s office and the Department of Children and Families as defendants are still months away.
Borges and fellow survivor Kyle Laman were the first to file notices of intent to sue those agencies. They were followed by survivors Elizabeth Stout and Fernanda Gadea and by the family of murdered victim Helena Ramsay.
The Ramsay family lawyer, Craig Goldenfarb, said he expects to wait until the six month waiting period is over before filing a single lawsuit naming all defendants.
But Cruz, his mother’s estate and the Snead family are not entitled to such notice, so Arreaza decided to file the Borges lawsuit Tuesday.

From the story:
“Why does it always seem that the shooter in these type of mass killings has been on some sort of psychotropic drugs?” asks former Texas Congressman Ron Paul. “Why is it no one is questioning these medications? All of which come with labels warning of horrific side effects. Perhaps one reason they are ignored is that the pharmaceutical industry spends billions each year lobbying congress.”

I have been drawn towards OANN recently, but this story alone is very disappointing reporting. They drew me in with their click-bait headline, but why not do your due diligence as a reporter and actually report on how many ‘mass killers’ were known to be on some type of “psychotropic drug” vs. how many were not? Tell the reader if Ron Paul has actually done his research, or is just spewing something he read on the internet.

Its’s fucking disgusting that most people ignore real problems and just put their kids on lots of meds. The American family needs to bounce back.

Its’s fucking disgusting that most people ignore real problems and just put their kids on lots of meds. The American family needs to bounce back.

The truth is that people with real problems sometimes need medication as well as other therapies. Seeking psychiatric treatment for one’s child is not, ipso facto, abnegation of parental responsibilities.

From the story:
“Why does it always seem that the shooter in these type of mass killings has been on some sort of psychotropic drugs?” asks former Texas Congressman Ron Paul. “Why is it no one is questioning these medications? All of which come with labels warning of horrific side effects. Perhaps one reason they are ignored is that the pharmaceutical industry spends billions each year lobbying congress.”

I have been drawn towards OANN recently, but this story alone is very disappointing reporting. They drew me in with their click-bait headline, but why not do your due diligence as a reporter and actually report on how many ‘mass killers’ were known to be on some type of “psychotropic drug” vs. how many were not? Tell the reader if Ron Paul has actually done his research, or is just spewing something he read on the internet.

I actually agree that many, if not most, active killers have suffered from mental illness to a greater or lesser degree. That said, you’re right—the article was not well-sourced or researched.

My issue with medicating people whose brains haven’t fully developed is that we don’t understand the mechanism of action of some of the drugs we’re using. That is to say, we know that they work (sometimes) but we don’t know why. Because that is true, we also aren’t sure what else they are doing in these still developing brains. What we do know about the side effect profiles of some psychiatric meds isn’t always encouraging.

I do think that the use of certain classes of medications in certain populations, particularly teenagers and young adults, needs to be carefully considered and very closely monitored particularly during the initial phase of treatment.

I should have worded that differently, my mistake. The real problem I was referring to was the decline of tough parenting. Helping your child with self control, establishing a good work ethic, coping skills, good character, basic American ideals. The list goes on but I digress. What I meant by the American family needed a bounce back was the escalating trend of single parenthood. Which in my opinion has really hurt our culture. Not to mention the disassociation from reality with the massive growth of technology.

I agree that seeking help for your child is absolutely what you should do. Whether it is from a medical professional or your own holistic approach. My problem is, that psychiatrists aren’t necessarily giving the child any behavior therapy before saying they need to be prescribed these meds. Who knows the long term effect of these meds on cognitive function. It’s a scary thing to imagine some 13 year old being misdiagnosed and having his long term health adversely affected. To my knowledge opioids are a lot more limited to who gets prescribed them than 10-15 years ago. The same should be done with psychiatric meds.

I graduated high school in 2004. I don’t recall any children I went to school with (from k-12) going down to the office to get their meds. That very well could be because they didn’t want people to see it. Now, I’m going to ask a really dumb question of the ladies and gentlemen that grew up before me. Do you folks (more experienced, not older lol) remember kids acting out as they do now in school?

Here’s my experience working in the schools as SRO every Monday for the last 5 years: the kids that are constantly in the office for discipline issues are the same kids that were in the office 20 minutes earlier (generalizing) to take that medication. When they’re suspended for whatever reason it’s me, the SRO that takes them home. When I arrive at the home of the suspended child it’s always the same situation. Mom or dad (or both) laying on the couch with one or two younger children running wild. Next, the 2 dogs (mostly Pitbulls, imagine that) coming running to the door, there’s dog shit all over and the 800 sq ft apartment is in total disarray.

I firmly believe that some (some!) kids absolutely need medication and benefit greatly from it. But, most of these kids need parents that don’t look at them as an inconvenience. The kids don’t have a chance in hell, and it’s sad.

I got called to the school today for a preschooler who was bitten by their family dog. A section of the bottom fatty portion of his earlobe was hanging on by a thread, at least 6 puncture wounds to his head and a large cut behind the ear. When I asked mom about it she said, “we had a really hard time stopping the bleeding, but after it stopped we assumed he was fine.” EMS took the kid to the ER from the school. Every injury is infected and some required stitches. Guess what, the house was a shit-pit, mom and dad don’t work and they have two other smaller kids. Any guess on how much those kids will contribute to the next generation? Again, it’s not the kids' fault, the parents don't want to raise them.

We don’t have a mental health issue in America, we have a reproduction and godless issue in America (I’m not even religious, not in the least bit). America needs to start wrapping up their dicks, start going back to church and provide leadership to their kids. The kids don’t need medication, they need parents to care. Caring is giving the kid a smack on the ass every once in a while. The kids need parents to stop taking them to Taco Bell for every meal and calling it dinner. Dinner is cooked at home and you eat it at a dinner table as a family. The kids need parents to spend time with them, not throw them on an Xbox playing Call of Duty so they can check fooking Facebook.

My single mother did those above things with me and my two younger brothers. I thank god a director named Ridley Scott made Black Hawk Down. That movie brought to light a story of great American men sacrificing their life’s for the greater good of their families (their unit) and saved me from being a total fuck up like the rest of my family. It showed me to look up to men like MSG Gary Gordon and SFC Randall Shughart, not the fucking Kardashian’s. If those two men became more of America’s role models this country would be a much better place.

The “mental health issue” has been created by shitty parents.

Sorry to admin if I got a bit off topic with that..

Last edited:
I graduated high school in 2004. I don’t recall any children I went to school with (from k-12) going down to the office to get there meds. That very well could be because they didn’t want people to see it. Now, I’m going to ask a really dumb question of the ladies and gentlemen that grew up before me. Do you folks (more experienced, not older lol) remember kids acting out as they do now in school?

Here’s my experience working in the schools as SRO every Monday for the last 5 years: the kids that are constantly in the office for discipline isssues are the same kids that were in the office 20 minutes earlier (generalizing) to take that medication everyday. When they’re suspended for whatever reason it’s me, the SRO that takes them home. When I arrive at the home of the suspended child it’s always the same situation at home. Mom or dad (or both) laying on the couch with one or two younger children running wild. Next the 2 dogs (mostly Pitbulls, imagine that) coming running to the door, there’s dog shit all over the house and the 800 sq ft apartment is in total disarray.

I firmly believe that some (some!) kids absolutely need medication and benefit greatly from it. But, most of these kids need parents that don’t look at them as an inconvenience. The kids don’t have a chance in hell, and it’s sad.

I got called to the school today for a preschooler who was bit by their family dog. A section of the bottom small fatty portion of his ear lobe was hanging on by a thread, at least 6 puncture wounds to his head and a large cut to the back of the ear. When I asked mom about it she said, “we had a really hard time stopping the bleeding, but after it stopped we assumed he was fine.” EMS took the kid to the ER from the school. Every injury is infected and some required stitches. Guess what, the house was a shit-pit, mom and dad don’t work and they have two other smaller kids. Any guess on how much those kids will contribute to the next generation? It’s not the kids fault, they have NO chance.

We don’t have a mental health issue in America, we have a reproduction and godless issue in America (I’m not religious, not in the least bit). America needs to start wrapping up their dicks, go back to church and provide leadership to their kids. The kids don’t need medication, they need parents to care. Caring is giving the kid a smack on the ass every once in a while. The kids need parents to stop taking them to Taco Bell for every meal and calling it dinner. Dinner is cooked at home and you eat it at a dinner table as a family. The kids need parents to spend time with them, not throw them on an Xbox playing Call of Duty so they can check fucking Facebook.

My single mother did those above things with me and my two younger brothers. I thank god for a director named Ridley Scott for making Black Hawk Down. That movie brought to light a story of great American men sacrificing their life’s for the greater good of their families (their unit) and saved me from being a total fuck up like the rest of my family. It showed me to look up to men like MSG Gary Gordon and SFC Randall Shughart, not the fucking Kardashian’s. If those two men became more of America’s role models this country would be a much better place.

The “mental health issue” has been created by shitty parents.

Sorry to admin if I got a bit off topic with that..

I like your posts that are well thought out similar to @policemedic so please say more.

I got called to the school today for a preschooler who was bit by their family dog. A section of the bottom small fatty portion of his ear lobe was hanging on by a thread, at least 6 puncture wounds to his head and a large cut to the back of the ear. When I asked mom about it she said, “we had a really hard time stopping the bleeding, but after it stopped we assumed he was fine.” EMS took the kid to the ER from the school. Every injury is infected and some required stitches. Guess what, the house was a shit-pit, mom and dad don’t work and they have two other smaller kids. Any guess on how much those kids will contribute to the next generation? It’s not the kids fault, they have NO chance.

I have nothing to contribute to this and I agree largely with your entire post, but as someone who has been attacked by a dog before and is intimately familiar with the steps in cleaning the wounds and infection prevention this story is infuriating.

Was CPS notified?

Back