“Remember that one time we killed the Group guy?! Lolz”

“I don’t know why they don’t deploy our guys to Afghanistan anymore.”

Didn’t listen but I imagine it goes something like this-

“Then the Batt boys saved us again... ”

“My second book deal was so much better than the first one.”

“Remember that one time we killed the Group guy?! Lolz”

“I don’t know why they don’t deploy our guys to Afghanistan anymore.”

Savage level: Ranger.

I have great respect for the Seabees that support them. One, they have to put up with the beachball detrius, Two they actually helped me make some stuff when nobody else in the JTF could. Team guys just sneered at me, other elements were cool but "we don't have anything with us that could help make that"... Seabees? "Hold on a second..... This'll work but I don't have anything to mount it to.... wait, we can ratchet strap it to that and it'll stay put enough to get'er done!"

I have great respect for the Seabees that support them. One, they have to put up with the beachball detrius, Two they actually helped me make some stuff when nobody else in the JTF could. Team guys just sneered at me, other elements were cool but "we don't have anything with us that could help make that"... Seabees? "Hold on a second..... This'll work but I don't have anything to mount it to.... wait, we can ratchet strap it to that and it'll stay put enough to get'er done!"

My uncle was a SeaBee for almost 30 years, retired EOCS (Senior Chief, equipment operator for you non Navy people). He's old now in his mid 80s and has some dementia, lives near Norfolk Virginia, when you talk to him his memory and clarity from the 50s and 60s and 70s is so sharp. He loved his time with the Seabees through and through. Even when he's having a bad day, according to my cousin, his daughter, if you yell out to him "SeaBees!", he replies "can do!"

I fucking love the Seabees. They made so much shit for us- cabinets, coffee machine stands, tables- fucking everything. All for a case of monsters too.

Not directly related to the OP but in the same general trend of the thread (link here):

Earlier this week, the Navy Times broke the story of Special Operations Chief Edward “Eddie” Gallagher, a well-respected SEAL of 19 years, charged with multiple war crimes connected with the 2017 stabbing death of an Iraqi detainee.

The story, with commentary released by his representatives to the media, details how Gallagher is looking to pursue a civil rights lawsuit against Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) while he faces charges of murder, aggravated assault, obstruction of justice, and professional misconduct. Because the military judge has sealed most evidence and placed gag orders, little is known of the specific allegations.

Not directly related to the OP but in the same general trend of the thread (link here):
I mean I will hate on the Teams but I’m not seeing a lot wrong here. If they stabbed him ok I get it but not rendering aid? That’s a whole other thing. Idk what the SEALs are trained to do but I know infantry OSUT and everything we do in Regiment is based around clearing through to the LOA, and along the way you are cleared to engage bodies. Once you pass them though then it’s on you and the medics to take care of anyone wounded. Pretty much if they’re in front of you they are still targets, once you pass them they become a responsibility.

I won't second-guess anybody in combat unless the evidence of war crimes is overwhelming. Crazy shit happens all the time. I'm not talking about killing civilians; clearly that's wrong. But putting rounds into downed enemy targets prior to a sweep? Yes. Kill them twice. We did it every time. There's no way I'm approaching bods that still have the potential to kill me.

There's a limit to how much you can regulate warfare. Things are going to spin in every direction.

War is killing. In the general insanity sometimes regulations and rules become meaningless. There is an erosion of morality, a descent into savagery. To a degree. You cannot function and survive in the environment acting like an altar boy. You're enemy would eat you alive.

Last edited:
Back