SEAL Stories

While this last sentence made me laugh out loud, there has to be an equilibrium of policy vs morale/welfare. I really want to believe that the Tridents are victims of some grossly inaccurate perception because genuinely good dudes & bonafide warfighters have more than carried their title with honor. Unfortunately either by way of big Navy stroking the ever living shit out of their ego, the media, or every frog hog in San Diego county the only thing that comes to mind when assessing the typical SEAL attitude is douchebag. I don't know if that's my fault/ignorance or on them.

Interestingly, big Marine Corps treats Reconnaissance and MARSOC Marines like a bunch of red headed step-children.

A lot of individuals have left the quiet professional arena to sell thier respective skill sets. We all know this isn’t just a SEAL Or Navy issue but military wide. I won’t present any examples because there are plenty. Before dick measuring continues or begins in earnest I would work again in SPECWAR and with any other SO unit again in a heartbeat.

PS If these individuals are guilty then fry um. But remember innocent till proven guilty.

Last edited:
Step one: remove the SEALS from JSOC......
The fact there is not a huge wide ranging war going on means that a lot of the AO’s we operate in could be filled by other units with little stress placed on their manning. It may mean a higher op tempo taking over those TFs but nobody here or at Bragg would complain.

WW2 UDT guys, UDT/SEALs in Vietnam, solid warfighters and that heritage just shit on by these fucking Hollywood SEALs. Very surprised and disappointed Raiders were involved here. Maybe MARSOC needs to conduct some ethics training.

Last edited:
A couple years ago I’d say NSW would be left untouched due to the back to back SEALs running SOCOM. After McRaven and the obvious issues with his old units “product,” there has been nothing but former Regt or Regt-turned- CAG commanders. Other than the new JSOC CG who is AF, there likely won’t be another non-Army commander and they may be more apt to go after NSW over their bullshit. Start taking mission sets and Task Forces away from them. That already started to a degree with AFG. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with their current taskings.

A lot of individuals have left the quiet professional arena to sell thier respective skill sets. We all know this isn’t just a SEAL Or Navy issue but military wide. I won’t present any examples because there are plenty. Before dick measuring continues or begins in earnest I would work again in SPECWAR and with any other SO unit again in a heartbeat.

PS If these individuals are guilty then fry um. But remember innocent till proven guilty.
It’s not about going out and writing books or consulting for movies. It’s about legit illegal behavior that is so widespread it is systematic.

While this last sentence made me laugh out loud, there has to be an equilibrium of policy vs morale/welfare. I really want to believe that the Tridents are victims of some grossly inaccurate perception because genuinely good dudes & bonafide warfighters have more than carried their title with honor. Unfortunately either by way of big Navy stroking the ever living shit out of their ego, the media, or every frog hog in San Diego county the only thing that comes to mind when assessing the typical SEAL attitude is douchebag. I don't know if that's my fault/ignorance or on them.

Interestingly, big Marine Corps treats Reconnaissance and MARSOC Marines like a bunch of red headed step-children.
There are a lot of great SEALs out there. Several of my good friends are frogs. The command does have a reputation for sweeping misconduct under the rug though and looking the other way when guys break the rules. I’m talking about fraud, drug abuse, and potentially war crimes, not wearing ball caps backwards and gun decking annual training requirements. I understand the desire to take care of your buddies but things can spiral out of control quickly if you fail to uphold standards and that can easily fall back on the entire command. These murderous clowns, the 11 drug pops on the east coast, the intercept article about SMU war crimes, the recent and unrelated allegations of war crimes, the SEAL Team leader that was recently fired for sexual misconduct, the droves of book deals, the lying leather loving governor of Missouri and whatever high profile misconduct case hits the news next will hurt the professional reputation of the entire NSW community. Performance doesn’t excuse misconduct. These miscreants represent a small percentage of the organization but their misbehavior taints the entire command, especially if the command didn’t do enough, or anything, to establish controls to discourage and curtail this kind of behavior.

Last edited:
It’s not about going out and writing books or consulting for movies. It’s about legit illegal behavior that is so widespread it is systematic.
Wasn’t talking about you or anyone here. I simply stated that because actions of a few who by the way are scorned by the many don’t make a complete unit a disgrace. Try some different lenses. My experiences in NSW has been honorable. Greatest experience ever. I interfaced with interservice units over my time with good mostly but some bad. Judging others experiences are your own as are mine. Like I said as well the commercialization of skill sets for personal gain is not the way of the quiet professional.

Wasn’t talking about you or anyone here. I simply stated that because actions of a few who by the way are scorned by the many don’t make a complete unit a disgrace. Try some different lenses. My experiences in NSW has been honorable. Greatest experience ever. I interfaced with interservice units over my time with good mostly but some bad. Judging others experiences are your own as are mine. Like I said as well the commercialization of skill sets for personal gain is not the way of the quiet professional.
A bad apple doesn’t ruin the bunch but in this case it just looks like you weren’t privy to the actual goings on, just the perception.

From my time with teams (both East and West) I am not surprised by the allegations. Saddened, embarrassed, and disappointed, but not surprised.

One expects pirate behavior from pirates, I believe the Red squadron quote goes. And as @Teufel pointed out, there’s a really unfortunate and well-established willingness to let the Teams be Teams by the highest reaches of the command.

BTW this isn’t a ‘unit’ problem, it’s s ‘command’ problem. When you have to make an ethos retroactively trying to fix a house already on fire, that should be an indicator.

Of course there are good SEALs. Even good Teams. But orgazationally, they’re sick.

A bad apple doesn’t ruin the bunch but in this case it just looks like you weren’t privy to the actual goings on, just the perception.

From my time with teams (both East and West) I am not surprised by the allegations. Saddened, embarrassed, and disappointed, but not surprised.

One expects pirate behavior from pirates, I believe the Red squadron quote goes. And as @Teufel pointed out, there’s a really unfortunate and well-established willingness to let the Teams be Teams by the highest reaches of the command.

BTW this isn’t a ‘unit’ problem, it’s s ‘command’ problem. When you have to make an ethos retroactively trying to fix a house already on fire, that should be an indicator.

Of course there are good SEALs. Even good Teams. But orgazationally, they’re sick.

I’m privy but refuse to engage any further. This banter about disbanding and ostracizing in my view... ridiculous. I did use the “ unit” nomenclature because it was suggested by others. I know better. There are no SEALs on here to debate it and I myself will not either. Youre all right I bow out.

Last edited:
I’m privy but refuse to engage until the results are in. This banter about disbanding and ostracizing in my view... ridiculous. I did use the “ unit” nomenclature because it was suggested by others. I know better. There are no SEALs on here to debate it and I myself will not either.
I see what you mean. I suppose I just feel like the results have been in- on any number of problems over the course of a long enough period of time- for me to form that opinion.

Whether they move the east coast team out of JSOC or bench them makes no never mind to me. But they need to get their house in order. Whatever that looks like.

Last edited:
Chris McKinley a.k.a. Christopher Mark Heben, is the dickhead who shot himself in his car and then made a story up about being shot by a gangbanger. He must have got off the charges if he is playing mercenary in Haiti. Almost sounds like a poorly planned coup attempt.

Clownshoes

Last edited:
Back