Security Forces to Recon

FASTPerk

FASTPerk
Verified Military
Is it possible right after a USMC Security Forces contract has been fulfilled to go straight to Basic Reconnisance Course if requested or will I have to finish out my initial contract “ obligations “ then re-enlist with a Recon package?
Pretty sure the first option is a pipe dream but figured hey maybe someone knows a loophole .

Good to go sir but it’s not a shit bag loop hole I’m just trying to get where I initaly wanted to be where I was cheated out of when I sign the dotted line.
I take enough shit to have that opportunity.

Recruiters don't seem to have a problem using loopholes. The worst thing that happens is you get shut down and have to wait it out.

Doesn’t specify what kind of documentation needs to be sent. Any recommendations?

Nevermind I just re read your statement , what’s ERB stand for , don’t thing I’ve ever heard of it .

Good to go sir but it’s not a shit bag loop hole I’m just trying to get where I initaly wanted to be where I was cheated out of when I sign the dotted line.

All good Marine. It’s on me; I read thru your post too fast and did not see that you were already active.

There are active duty Recon members here who post often. Hopefully one of them will be able to give you some insight.

No loophole required. Submit a lat move package whenever your unit lets you. You don’t have to wait to do it in conjunction with a re-enlistment. I know several 0321s who spent their first three years in security forces.

If I could make a suggestion. Perhaps this would be a good time to bring up the subject of vetting. While it is not mandatory, there are site benefits. We also get to know you better and you can speak of military/USMC matters from a vetted position. Select "Vetting & Requests" from the top toolbar. Be sure to attach documentation with your application, your ERB is an excellent document for vetting.

Just tried to find out how to access that , I’d have to go through a long process / request to get that. A PFC doesn’t really have much say or
No loophole required. Submit a lat move package whenever your unit lets you. You don’t have to wait to do it in conjunction with a re-enlistment. I know several 0321s who spent their first three years in security forces.
I appreciate your responses gentleman ! I’m assuming I would get in touch with my career planner about this ?

I’m just trying to get where I initaly wanted to be where I was cheated out of when I sign the dotted line

AFTER you respond to the PM conversation you are currently engaged in, you should tell us the rest of this story.

Just tried to find out how to access that , I’d have to go through a long process / request to get that. A PFC doesn’t really have much say or

I appreciate your responses gentleman ! I’m assuming I would get in touch with my career planner about this ?
Just take a screen shot of your MOL page or scan a copy of your CQB school cert and upload it to the verification link.

@FASTPerk we've bent over backwards for members we don't know, but not for those who were deceitful (a bit of a strong word, but you get the meaning). You may not like our answers, but be up front and we'll be same. If we think you're BS'ing us, we enter a new realm.

Good luck!

P.S. We are very proud of the guys we mentored into not just SOF, but the military in general. Every job is important and we do what we can to contribute.

How close are you to finishing your time with FAST? When I was in FAST, they had MARSOC, Recon, and EOD come talk to us and would pull straight from current command before we went to fleet. Not sure if they're still doing the same.

How close are you to finishing your time with FAST? When I was in FAST, they had MARSOC, Recon, and EOD come talk to us and would pull straight from current command before we went to fleet. Not sure if they're still doing the same.

He mentioned being a PFC so he's probably got some time before he can go the MARSOC/EOD route.

OP: Talk to your Career Planner and let them review your eligibility for BRC. If you're eligible go, talk with him/her about submitting a RELM to lat-move. The administrative side takes a little time so in the mean time just focus on being as good at your current role as you can.

Thanks all you guys for your responses! I was just promoted to LCpl this week just a small update. Also on a setback from all this, dealing with a current injury. But I have been looking at the MARSOC Route. I will bring it up to my command that I am interested in doing it once I run a new PFT/CFT this year with close to perfect scores so they will take me seriously.

Back