Shooting in Toronto last night appears to be terrorism

Reporting now is that he's had unsuccessful treatment for psychosis and depression. Maybe he thought he was doing Allah's work because of that or maybe he was just a mad cunt and being Muslim is incidental. Time will tell.

If you read it you'll see that he's saying that he doesn't believe in firearm ownership. He doesn't have the capacity to change gun laws in the city IIRC.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of legislators up there are feeling the same way he is right about now. I always thought Canadian gun laws were a lot stricter than they appear to be.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of legislators up there are feeling the same way he is right about now. I always thought Canadian gun laws were a lot stricter than they appear to be.

They are very strict already but the likes of the Mayor and all Liberal type politicians, they are out for complete gun bans. Even if it's one gun at a time. All hand guns are already either illegal due to barrel length or highly restricted, are subject to a registry, owners undertake daily background checks and more. The majority of the guns used in shootings in Canada are illegal, typically smuggled across the border. Because imagine that, criminals don't obey the law...

I guess Toronto’s mayor is flirting with the idea of stricter gun laws in response to the attack.

“Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?”

After Deadly Shooting, Toronto Mayor Asks, 'Why Does Anyone In This City Need To Have A Gun At All?'

Liberals: "You silly gun fetishists, no one wants to take your guns."
Also liberals: "Why does anyone... need ot have a gun at all?"

If you read it you'll see that he's saying that he doesn't believe in firearm ownership. He doesn't have the capacity to change gun laws in the city IIRC.

"...yet."

Yes but if that happens it won't be local mayors doing it. They hold fuck all power and firearms aren't in their remit.

Yes but if that happens it won't be local mayors doing it. They hold fuck all power and firearms aren't in their remit.

OF course he doesn't have that power himself. AFAIK, no one person in a Western democracy has that kind of fiat power. But he is representative of a movement that absolutely seeks to make it a reality.

I’d be interested to know how someone with a mental condition gets a pistol?

Downtown Toronto or any major Canadian city, with the right amount of cash, just about any where. But I get what you're referring to. 😉

So it's looking more and more like a planned attack. Shooter has previous residence in Afghanistan, Pakistan and had recently questioned by police about his online activities.

WARMINGTON: Was Danforth attack terror, or terrorism?

It will always be easier to attack an inanimate object rather than the "tool" behind the tool!

Until we call things what they are, they will never change.

Nuts are nuts...if they can't get a gun, they will find another way!

Last edited:
Apparently he was "sane" enough to embrace isolated Jihadist fanaticism. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Jumping to conclusions may be wrong, but ignoring reality is not only wrong but dangerous.

Maybe if a few of those Canadians in the kill zone of this terrorist attack had been armed, they might have been able to protect themselves. Oh, wait, that's just too fucking logical...

Back