Sims

No more pictures. It was basically a force on force 1 one 1 brawl that lasted about 20 mins and ended with about 6 crotch shots and a few bloody faces. Someone started throwing bangers after the first few minutes too.

All in all I think sims are a valuable training tool. They hurt a little but it makes you open your eyes a little more compaired to blanks or MILES. If you're not checking a corner and you take a round to take neck you're more likely to fix your issue then you are if you hear "pop pop" behind you. Plus it's actually enjoyable and you don't get the whole "I shot you first" crap.

The Gangsta hold on the shield guy, is just that. So you can get a very clear sight picture while looking through the view port of the shield. When you are wearing body armor, and holding the level 4 bunker shield, it is very common to cant your weapon like that. I consistently engage targets with no issues at all... regardless of the way the weapon is held, as long as the sight picture is proper.

I am 6'4 and I weigh 230 pounds. I have very long arms... and because of my arm length, I don't have to hold the pistol completely 90 degrees to the ground to get a sight picture. Those with shorter arms are not so lucky.

As for the guys hand... that is very comon on SWAT teams. They "squeeze" the rear of the thigh as they tap up... When you are in SIM's helmets, sometimes your hearing is not as good... and body armor let's you miss tap ups sometimes. That's why some teams have adopted the squeeze.

I am comfortable enough with my sexuality that I don't mind if some guy squeezes the rear of my thigh. As long as they don't make eye contact, I'm cool with it.

}:-)

One thing that you door kickers have to understand is this... LEO's work off entirely different ROE's than the Military does. When they serve 1000 search warrants, they may never fire a single round. But, there is that 1% out there, that will fight. That's why we train against them. I know the floor plan, I know their tactics, and I am very pissed off that they are coming into my "home".

So, if there is a hole in their tactics... we exploit the hell out of it.

I have the best job on the planet!!!

I'm more familiar with the shoulder squeeze or knee to the back of the thigh. Wouldn't all the guys be employing the same squeeze or signal that the stack is about to make entry though? I see one guy doing the thigh squeeze and the rest have a hand on the shoulder? Can you explain how you're doing this training with SWAT while AD military? Just curious how it works. I need to check with my SWAT about volunteering as an extra or playing opfor. I know a guy that does that and another on SWAT.

Well, this particular picture... the guy is not placing his hand to squeeze, it's just the angle of the camera that makes it look funny.

I have seen the squeeze thing more so in the last few months. I for one, don't get it... but, alot of the local teams use it.

My team, taps on the shoulder... and we have never had an issue. As for how I get to train with SWAT / Street Crimes units... well, that's a bit complicated. I would be glad to explain via PM... if that's ok.

That would be fine. I'll be awaiting your inbound. The intel PM whenever you have time. Just a friendly reminder :D

We used to grab the top of the BA....ie...(sliding 4 fingers down inside the top back V-neck) in case the guy in front of you would anticipate a door charge count...

The 'squeeze' did not allow the man behind you to control the front man.....I can't control you by squeezing the arm/neck/leg...not so much to 'throw' or 'push' the lead guy as to make sure he didn't eat the door charge or flashbang....

These days most BA's have a 'drag strap' sewn into the top/back spine of most kit.....this is not only used to drag a casualty out of the kill-zone but for control of the man in front of you in the stack....

eta.....I was makn funny with the 'where's the guy's hand'.....and the gansta profile grip....

Boon and PB are exactly correct.....if you are looking down the sights of whatever weapon system you're using and the sights are on target, you have steel on target.......

another eta: locknload, I'm pretty sure I read your profile a few days ago as ROTC....not to call you out.....but what 'stack' experience exactly do you have?

:cool:;):2c:

No actually I was never in ROTC. As for the stack experience, I was in the sheriff dept's explorer program for 3 years in high school and we would practice tactics with a deputy. Aside from that it's just been talking with LE and MIL guys and reading about tactics....so no I haven't been in a stack running into blazing guns :D

Yes I did thanks. I'll think some things over and hit you up with a few follow up questions later.

No actually I was never in ROTC. As for the stack experience, I was in the sheriff dept's explorer program for 3 years in high school and we would practice tactics with a deputy. Aside from that it's just been talking with LE and MIL guys and reading about tactics....so no I haven't been in a stack running into blazing guns :D

Cool lil brother...listen and learn....

That's why we're here.... ;);)

Back