Six Nations Rugby

• Thread starter Thread starter DC
  • Start date Start date

DC

Navy Diver
SOF Support
If you are a follower or a novice to the game this tournament is a classic rugby style played worldwide. It’s on NBCSN till March. Good stuff.

2018 Championship

Last edited:
Fairly unrelated to the topic, but I played my first rugby match today. This would probably be a good tournament for me to watch since building my field IQ is my weakpoint currently. Well that and passing. And tackling. And catching a pass. Wow I suck....

Thanks for the post!

@CQB I play Wing. Im about 5'8 and 160lbs so being a smaller guy it was either that or scrum half. But since Im new to the game, wing is where I went.

@CQB I play Wing. Im about 5'8 and 160lbs so being a smaller guy it was either that or scrum half. But since Im new to the game, wing is where I went.

YouTube is your friend. Watch any All Blacks video and pick out your position. You will get better with knowledge. Next eat everything you see and start the Work out from Hell(Google it). Saturday is a rugby day!

YouTube is your friend. Watch any All Blacks video and pick out your position. You will get better with knowledge. Next eat everything you see and start the Work out from Hell(Google it). Saturday is a rugby day!
Like he said mate, there’s been some great wingers over time, David Campese here and Jonah Lomu across the ditch in kiwi land to name two.

I appreciate the advice, gentlemen! I'll definitely have to go look those two up. Ive seen some All Blacks play before, and Ive always been impressed.

Ah yes...I have NBC Sports Gold so I watch every match this weekend.

In fact, I watched seven matches this weekend, two at StubHub Center...god bless my beautiful girlfriend.

I live down the 405S from stubhub. There was to be a Super15 match there as well but was cancelled due to security concerns.

I live down the 405S from stubhub. There was to be a Super15 match there as well but was cancelled due to security concerns.

So flights were booked for Stormers at the agreed upon level (Economy Plus or Better), they were having issues getting the Bulls onto the requisite tickets. No idea on security concerns, but AEG and the Travel People for Super Rugby were having issues and the Bulls weren't taking economy...

A kiwi buddy was on the inside. Honestly explanations are usually created to cover other reasons. Other than stubhub being a security nightmare.

Didn’t get to see it because blacked out by Olympics but:
A knock-on occurs when a player accidently knocks the ball forward with hand or arm. A scrum will be called by the referee and the team not knocking on will have the advantage of putting the ball into the scrum. If the knock-on is considered deliberate by the referee he will order a penalty kick against the offending side.

All replays for some reason have been blacked out. Did find a short one and it appears to come off the leg.

Based on the replay:

Evans did not have control of the ball when his hand touched it. By that rule it's a knock on. Should have been a scrum.

Wales elected not to take the points when they received the penalty as well.

Back