Sniper Selection and Assessment

When you are required to give pink cards, and required to rank people in chronological order, you have to rate people poorly.

I have never used the peer system but looks very interesting. How do you avoid the sniper students to rate ALL their comrades "over" their true performance due to empathy instead of performace alone?
Do you just take it and average?
Very interesting method.
Thanks
ed
Id say it worked then and we move on with our own observations.
Its not designed to force someone to fail as Ranger is. It gives us a small glimpse of how their peers see them; are some working harder than others, did one guy say he just wants the tab, does another just feel like getting paid, one guy just putting minimum effort in, does one guy take charge and motivate the rest ect. It has no real value per se, but just another piece of info to collect.
So, I dont think that will happen, as it will be clearly stated that noone will be peered out, I dont believe someone HAS to fail.

When you are required to give pink cards, and required to rank people in chronological order, you have to rate people poorly.
Ours may not mimmick what you know of as i dont haver it as chronological order, but i think my goal with it is different from what is usually associated with peer evals

Peer evolution was part of my personal selection process as well as a interview with senior members of the platoon.

We graded our peers a long with explanations why. It was anonymous, and we were later handed back a copy of what our peers thought of us.

We also didn't shoot or get many classes, pretty much just a slay fest. Most quit or passed out.

Mod hat on: If you are going to make contributions to this thread, you better be vetted as a sniper. Without vetting, your words have hardly any weight at all. If you are going to request vetting, of any kind, we will need to see documents to back up your request.

Last edited:
Back