SOF Prospects: Be aware of what you post

Just a thought from a Brat, maybe it was a combination; the complaining, secondary. I think you may have missed something in there though Sir. The self doubt about yourself, middle of the pack, etc. Maybe true, maybe not, does not matter where you are, you stopped moving forward and became complacent is what your words convey. Just an observation is all.

Yeah if you could take a big old glass of STFU, that'd be great.

Just a thought from a Brat, maybe it was a combination; the complaining, secondary. I think you may have missed something in there though Sir. The self doubt about yourself, middle of the pack, etc. Maybe true, maybe not, does not matter where you are, you stopped moving forward and became complacent is what your words convey. Just an observation is all.

"...stopped moving forward and became complacent."

^That's an interesting comment.

The guy you're talking down to right now (poorly, and unintelligibly) is a combat veteran who received an honorable discharge from the Marine Corps and subsequently attended a literal Ivy League university. The last time I saw him, he was on a float in the middle of a parade going through downtown New York City. "Stopped moving forward and became complacent," indeed. :rolleyes:

What military units did you serve in, again? From which Ivy did you graduate?

You're not one of us. If you want to stay on this site, you'll stop acting like you are. A whole lot more humility, and whole lot less chiming in where your input is neither welcome nor helpful, is in order.

"Just an observation is all."

Apologies, attention to detail, and basic, U.S.A.F to answer that question, Cousin Trigg, James Knox retired Master Sgt, Biological Father Trigg, Charles E. SPC4 101st AirBorne Assault 327 Vietnam, Grandfather Full bird Army Korea and unsure of rank in WW2, Uncles through shield and storm, Panama, Freedom, and several close family oversees somewhere right now. No disrespect intended, as it looks as if that is how it was taken, just trying to add to the thread "Beware of what you post"

One last thing: I was not speaking of where he is at this time, I have the utmost in respect for ALL honorable veterans. I dropped out; school had nothing else to offer me by 7th grade, 4th grade I was in college classes of; Math, Science, and English. Currently first year Radiology. Online. South University.
Rather, I was simply, as I just stated, mentioning an observation he made of himself AT THE TIME frame he stated he made his post, not at present. It takes a lot to keep trying after not making it, and he did. He, and others like him are what makes me keep going full bore, and HE and others like him are what makes me find a path, or make one. I have very very little help getting past my own road block, He, and ones with his drive to succeed are what makes me reach further than my reach limit, and drive harder, pushes well beyond my normal limits. His own criticism of past reflections shows integrity and humility. I am NOT trying to talk down to anyone. Intent was a simple observation, putting myself in his shoes, as to how he felt. I am probably wrong in thinking that, if I would be feeling that way at that time, it may show in my actions, and how would I try to help others so maybe they would not make the same mistake, or at least be able to catch it in time. Contrary to what some may think, I at least appreciate the chance to stop and look back as to how I felt in various situations, and what others may have seen while I felt that way.
If I did offend, it was NOT my intent or desire, I only stated an observation from a third person viewpoint.
Again, I want to make it clear that I am not trying to call you out, or talk shit, or anything else like that. Just offering a devil's advocate view I suppose.
Same view, and if any offense was taken, I apologize. I have nothing but full on respect for any SOF operator.

Apologies, attention to detail, and basic, U.S.A.F to answer that question, Cousin Trigg, James Knox retired Master Sgt, Biological Father Trigg, Charles E. SPC4 101st AirBorne Assault 327 Vietnam, Grandfather Full bird Army Korea and unsure of rank in WW2, Uncles through shield and storm, Panama, Freedom, and several close family oversees somewhere right now. No disrespect intended, as it looks as if that is how it was taken, just trying to add to the thread "Beware of what you post"

Mod Hat On: I expect that many of the family members you mentioned above, know the meaning of "Be aware of what you post". You, posting in any Special Operations thread, is way out of your lane.

One last thing: I was not speaking of where he is at this time, I have the utmost in respect for ALL honorable veterans. I dropped out; school had nothing else to offer me by 7th grade, 4th grade I was in college classes of; Math, Science, and English. Currently first year Radiology. Online. South University.
Rather, I was simply, as I just stated, mentioning an observation he made of himself AT THE TIME frame he stated he made his post, not at present. It takes a lot to keep trying after not making it, and he did. He, and others like him are what makes me keep going full bore, and HE and others like him are what makes me find a path, or make one. I have very very little help getting past my own road block, He, and ones with his drive to succeed are what makes me reach further than my reach limit, and drive harder, pushes well beyond my normal limits. His own criticism of past reflections shows integrity and humility. I am NOT trying to talk down to anyone. Intent was a simple observation, putting myself in his shoes, as to how he felt. I am probably wrong in thinking that, if I would be feeling that way at that time, it may show in my actions, and how would I try to help others so maybe they would not make the same mistake, or at least be able to catch it in time. Contrary to what some may think, I at least appreciate the chance to stop and look back as to how I felt in various situations, and what others may have seen while I felt that way.
If I did offend, it was NOT my intent or desire, I only stated an observation from a third person viewpoint.

Same view, and if any offense was taken, I apologize. I have nothing but full on respect for any SOF operator.
64100028.jpg

Really? Do you have a high school cert? Do tell.

I'm having, a difficult time, understanding your post; confusing and over punctuated, eyes hurting.

Advice is normally given by someone who has arrived at an advanced position to the person seeking advice in the field being discussed. In this case, the original poster has far exceeded your own experience in the subject matter, which is none as I understand it, and I would recommend that you disengage with this topic.

I'm having, a difficult time, understanding your post; confusing and over punctuated, eyes hurting.

Advice is normally given by someone who has arrived at an advanced position to the person seeking advice in the field being discussed. In this case, the original poster has far exceeded your own experience in the subject matter, which is none as I understand it, and I would recommend that you disengage with this topic.
rockclap.gif

Innovative haiku, sir. Well done.

For funsies, everyone read this in Christopher Walken's voice.

LOL. I was just typing something similar about this quote:

In this case, the original poster has far exceeded your own experience in the subject matter, which is none as I understand it, and I would recommend that you disengage with this topic.

Hell, I've been out of the Corps for 20+ years and I actually found myself sitting up straight and squirming a bit as I read it. Multiple times.

Really appreciate you sharing, we hear of things like this happening but I have never heard of it directly from the individual. Glad to hear it finally worked out for you though brother.

When I arrived at Camp Mackall for SFAS, they brought everyone into a large class room. Cadre proceeded with an in-brief for the course. Anyways at one point during the brief they pulled up a screen capture from facebook. It was a picture of some ones orders to attend SFAS, and has a caption to the effect of "I can't wait to start my journey to become an operator." I'm pretty sure he threw in the hashtag #18flexray as well.

I figured they used this dumb ass kid as an example every class, but then I hear a Cadre yell out "Candidate, if this belongs to you, stand up!" After he stood up in front of everyone, they proceeded to berate him for being a retard.

i can't remember his fate, but I'm sure if he was allowed to continue he wasn't picked up.

Back