Some Ranger Pix

What in theee fuck is on top of his helmet? Also...you can tell by the rifle set up that he is not in one of the line platoons.

I want to know how it is "night" and the photo has color, to include his uniform, the grass, the background...

I want to know how it is "night" and the photo has color, to include his uniform, the grass, the background...

THE FUCKING SUN!

Either the photographer is some kinda freak when it comes to photoshop or whoever captioned the photo is a moron.

I just wouldn't have the patience to try keep the camera steady for long enough to get that picture.

Night time photography sucks balls. You need the patience of a saint.

I got some Little Bird ride pics I took with a disposable camera circa 2005...

viewfromlittlebirdone.jpg

Why would that be on the helmet? I have only seen them put in a pouch on kit, and used by hand. I don't even understand how you could effectively use it mounted on a helmet..? Then again I'm no FISTer so I may not know all the angles.

x2, It also looks a little big for an IZLID. Then again I'm only a FISTer in my down time :-"

THE FUCKING SUN!

Either the photographer is some kinda freak when it comes to photoshop or whoever captioned the photo is a moron.
It was definitely taken at night with a good camera by a good photographer. The NVG glow is almost as bright as your sun, which in this case is the moon. You can take pictures at night with the SLR from the RSTA kit that are brighter at night than pictures taken during the day. Another dead give away for a night picture that's been artificially brighten through camera setup is the white washing effect- there's no one to cover that up (that I know of).

I was watching The Clone Wars with my daughter and got a great idea for a motivational picture- I figured this was as good of place as any to post it.

Attachments

• Space Shuttle Door Gunner.jpg
    Space Shuttle Door Gunner.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 84
^I was told the whole Space Shuttle Door Gunner bit was started by a 1/75 guy in PLDC. I'd really like to know who can claim fame for this. Over the years it spread like wildfire.

Why would that be on the helmet? I have only seen them put in a pouch on kit, and used by hand. I don't even understand how you could effectively use it mounted on a helmet..? Then again I'm no FISTer so I may not know all the angles.
I've seen them mounted on M4s...certainly not helmets.

I've seen them mounted on M4s...certainly not helmets.
I only mount them on spotting scopes. With how powerful LA-5s are compared to PEQ-2s, there's not much of a need for IZLIDs now unless you have a really high aircraft or are trying to burn through a lot of fog or rain.

Back