Some Ranger Pix

b480hc.jpg

Rangers from D Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment await their aircraft at the helicopter landing zone after completing a successful night combat operation against insurgents in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan, August 2012. (Army photo by Spc. Michael T. Mulderick)

403l4.jpg

Rangers from 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment maintain their proficiency with the 84mm recoilless rifle, also known as the Carl Gustav, at a range in Afghanistan prior to a night combat operation, August 2012. (Army photo by Spc. Michael T. Mulderick)

Rangers Lead The Way!

Have you tried to hold an 84mm M-3 weighing in at a lazy 12.5kg with a round up the spout steady in the standing position on your own? It's doable but your going to get a much more accurate shot if your braced. It also lets you know that the loader is not in the BBDA even though he calls it clear.

The 84 is recoilless but you know all about it when you fire one, its not like firing a .50 or something like that, its the BBDA mainly that effects you but the round leaving the barrel is very noticeable as well, it might be something to do with the fact your head is pressed right up to the foam wrapping it. I've seen guys lifted into the air firing illum on too steep an angle.

Heres a vid of one being fired in slow motion for you.

xfw5ud.jpg

Afghan and coalition forces providing security during an operation in Muhammad Aghah district, Logar province, Afghanistan, July 31, 2012. Afghan and coalition security force detained two suspected insurgents during an operation to arrest a Haqqani leader in Muhammad Aghah district, Logar province. (Photo by U.S. Army Sgt. Mikki L. Sprenkle)

416754_510395705642792_484441898_o.jpg

Then Staff Sgt. Joseph Kapacziewski, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, adjusts his prosthetic leg after a successful combat operation in Afghanistan in 2009.

Four years earlier, Kapacziewski was wounded by an enemy grenade Oct. 3, 2005 in Iraq during his fifth combat deployment with 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. In March 2006, doctors amputated his leg below the knee. Three years later, after additional surgeries, completing hundreds of hours of physical therapy, and completing the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program 2, Kapacziewski returned to 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment and deployed as a Ranger Squad Leader in 2009 to Afghanistan. After returning, he was promoted to Sgt. 1st Class and became a Ranger Platoon Sergeant.

Earlier this year, Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Kapacziewski completed his third combat rotation to Afghanistan as a Ranger Platoon Sergeant in 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment.

'…one hundred percent and then some.'

Rangers Lead The Way!

From the The 75th Ranger Regiment's Facebook Page, this is the pure definition of a badass.

He was part of my RIP Cadre. Cheetah legs are awesome.

There's several posts here on Joe. Had both the honor and privilege of first meeting him and his wife during a down time gathering of knuckle draggers back in 2007 after BRC.

He's an absolute stud, first class guy and above all else, the very epitome of what a Ranger represents. The Regiment is blessed with all kinds. Joe in my book, is at the top of the heap.

I have been knocked back firing the Goose. During a live fire I ran up on a berm, took a seated position and fired. I slowly began falling back, struggling to stay up right. Although the Goose wasn't entirely the reason I fell back, I was seated in a divot and the Goose has enough kick that I lost the fight to stay upright. My AG and I were laughing the whole time, trying to reload and get another shot off.

35hppms.jpg

A Ranger from A Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment provides security and scans for enemy targets during a night combat operation against insurgents in Logar Province, Afghanistan, August 2012. (Army photo by Spc. Mikki L. Sprenkle)

Rangers Lead The Way!

Back