Some Ranger Pix

It's a setting on the camera. On the more expensive cameras, you can set the manually set the amount of exposure on the photo. This is why the photo is a little blurry. When you set the camera like this, it takes the camera longer to take the picture. Any slight movement while it is taking the picture will blur the picture.

Thanks, Fox.

BTW, my "enhanced starlight" comment was referring to these photos.

2qs5vsi.jpg

21drec6.jpg

Looks like high noon. Only reason I can think of is that they're using flares....

No it is just the camera. It was explained above.

What I meant was I think those two photos were taken at night because all the house lights are on, and the guys have their NVGs to their eyes. I'm just wondering why the surroundings look so bright as if they were photographed in daylight.

What I meant was I think those two photos were taken at night because all the house lights are on, and the guys have their NVGs to their eyes. I'm just wondering why the surroundings look so bright as if they were photographed in daylight.

I know what you meant. I meant that the reason it looks like that is because of the cameras that were used for the pictures i.e the exposure time

Yep. I got it now. Awesome stuff.

Wonder if they can do that for future NVGs.

That wouldnt make much sense at all, as you can see in the pictures the people you see are blurred. The only reason its so bright is because as was stated earlier its the exposure time. That means anything that moves gets blurred, which can make for a cool photo but not an accurate one. Example of what would happen with the those type of NVGs. Hey look its really bright out! These are awsome! Oh wait, looks like there is a guy with a gun over there! shit now he is over there! damn its all blury
wink.png

Long exposure- Ghostly images, blur
higher ISO- High def colors, bright image
high F-stop setting- distant images are out of focus

A good combo of the three equals good night photography. Those combat camera folks are pretty darn good at their job.

I didnt know Rangers carried pistols, at least not joes. Learn something new everyday.

Not going to hijack the thread, but I'm just cuorious :

1) Is the Glock officialy issued weapon? Has it any military designation

2) Why .40 not 9x19 or .45 ACP?

Not going to hijack the thread, but I'm just cuorious :

1) Is the Glock officialy issued weapon? Has it any military designation

2) Why .40 not 9x19 or .45 ACP?

Our Glocks are 9mm, don't know about Regiment, must be hard to get ammo for a .40

Back