Some Ranger Pix

CM, Mace was a bit of a celebrity in Bowden's book so I recognized his name instantly.

Also, this photo was posted by LateWatch (first guy from the left) on the "other" site, ARFCom, and USMilitariaForum.

I know some of the others in this pic. Just wondering where you got it from, that's all.

Ugh displays, I was in charge of one during memorial day weekend. Civilians were cool but it was all the legs that came up and tried to show off in front of family members. "Oh look honey that's a M249 SAW" Um no dude, it's a MK46 and that is a MK48. They look at the shotgun and say something stupid like "Why is it so short? you won't get any range out of it".

[Pointing at the Gustav] "is that the new AT-4?"
The Gustav was a big hit

We even rigged up a little girl with a parachute, she asked.

From what I understand, every single person was issued an M9 in 2007 (if they wished to have one)
No clue on the Glock

It was my understanding that Regiment was going to get everyone pistols if and when the Army decided to switch sidearms in around that time frame. Never happened, but they had been procuring specialty weapons like the glock and short barrels for those sections that needed them.

Our Glocks are 9mm, don't know about Regiment, must be hard to get ammo for a .40
I am sure big brother has that covered for them.

Ugh displays, I was in charge of one during memorial day weekend. Civilians were cool but it was all the legs that came up and tried to show off in front of family members. "Oh look honey that's a M249 SAW" Um no dude, it's a MK46 and that is a MK48. They look at the shotgun and say something stupid like "Why is it so short? you won't get any range out of it".

[Pointing at the Gustav] "is that the new AT-4?"
The Gustav was a big hit

We even rigged up a little girl with a parachute, she asked.

It was my understanding that Regiment was going to get everyone pistols if and when the Army decided to switch sidearms in around that time frame. Never happened, but they had been procuring specialty weapons like the glock and short barrels for those sections that needed them.

I am sure big brother has that covered for them.

Is it only the Regiment who use the 84? We recently updated it with a new missile and sights.

Is it only the Regiment who use the 84? We recently updated it with a new missile and sights.
I only know of Regiment as having it as part of TO&E but have seen pictures of SF, SEALs and Marines using it. I heard about the new sights, hopefully not as fragile as the old ones?

As of when I left (summer 2010), every single person who would actually go out, and plus some, had a pistol assigned. I don't know about the rest of Regiment, but 1/75 was starting to take pistol training alot more seriously than in the past. I didn't know they were using helmet covers now, we never even had them issued the entire time I was there.

I only know of Regiment as having it as part of TO&E but have seen pictures of SF, SEALs and Marines using it. I heard about the new sights, hopefully not as fragile as the old ones?

Pretty good sights, no problems. AFAIK the upgrade is to M3 you guys have.

Irish_army_carl_gustav_RR.jpg

Did they update the stand too? Looking at the pic it looks more rigid

No. That's the stand that has been used for a long time. While rucking, I used to place it in the pants cargo pocket with the "U" facing up and button it and it doesn't move.

CM, Mace was a bit of a celebrity in Bowden's book so I recognized his name instantly.

Also, this photo was posted by LateWatch (first guy from the left) on the "other" site, ARFCom, and USMilitariaForum.

Mace... Macejanus? I had an ass clown bn xo once who tried to tell some of the lieutenants in the battalion that the "character" Macejanus in BHD was based on him (the XO). It wasn't until much later that I got a copy of the book, read it and thought "there's no way that ass clown is this dude" then did some digging and found out Mace was a real person. I think that XO might have to be the base for another case study. :rolleyes:

thats different. The pictures posted above look like they are from actual cameramen attached to the unit.
This shit may fly with the white side SOF (SF, SEALs, etc), but since when is this allowed on the black side???? Has Regiment been displaced or something?
idk why, but something so simple as cameramen following batt boys around seriously pisses me off. maybe Im too sensitive.

I agree

Back