Spooky

Spooky

Unverified
Hey brothers,

I just received my Navy EOD contract and have nobody to share the news with so I thought I'd share it with you guys. Ready to start this chapter of my life and begin the pipeline. I'll be lurking around the forum from time to time, and hopefully some time next year I'll have good news to share.

Any advice would be appreciated and very helpful.

Cheers!

Hey brothers,

I just received my Navy EOD contract and have nobody to share the news with so I thought I'd share it with you guys. Ready to start this chapter of my life and begin the pipeline. I'll be lurking around the forum from time to time, and hopefully some time next year I'll have good news to share.

Any advice would be appreciated and very helpful.

Cheers!
Other than “don’t get blown up” I have nothing useful to offer someone going into EOD. One of my friends here might though. @racing_kitty

Greetings! I was Army EOD during OIF, so some of my knowledge may be a little dated. I’d be glad to answer questions for you as I can.

Congrats and good luck on the contract.
You wouldn't happen to have known SSG Eric Trueblood before he was KIA by any chance, would you? Longshot asking but you all are a small community so no harm in asking. He was one of my kids back when he was a wheel mechanic, SPC Trueblood, on Team Cadillac, OEF during Mountain Thrust 06 from Task Force Muleskinner.

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have known SSG Eric Trueblood before he was KIA by any chance, would you? Longshot asking but you all are a small community so no harm in asking. He was one of my kids back when he was a wheel mechanic, SPC Trueblood, on Team Cadillac, OEF during Mountain Thrust 06 from task Force Muleskinner.
I knew who he was, but wasn’t well acquainted with him. Great guy, and a smart tech.

Some of my friends were in his unit when that happened. Losing him hit really hard for a lot of folks in and out of his unit.

I knew who he was, but wasn’t well acquainted with him. Great guy, and a smart tech.

Some of my friends were in his unit when that happened. Losing him hit really hard for a lot of folks in and out of his unit.
Definitely was very smart, and super easy going. Always very approachable. Where he came from before reclassing from wheel mechanic to EOD, was from 699th Maint. out of NTC & Fort Irwin, 916 SB. Even after he had moved with his career, the news of his passing had hit us hard.

Dude loved hearing our stories of dealing with IED's from OIF, said he found what we thought as frightening totally fascinating and needing to be dealt with. We didn't know that he was scheming about changing over and becoming EOD later to do just so.

Another short thing about him, our glorious leader lead us into a minefield near Musa Qala doing logpacs supporting Mountain Thrust. As the rear vehicle I volunteered to ground guide us all out. Eric wanted to help but I told him to get his fat ass back inside the 1152, I didn't want him on my conscious because my decision was really stupid but it was the only option we had at the time and we were starting to attract locals attention. Plus he was that vehicle's CLS and was more important than me being the TC. I think he took that moment to heart and had lead by example because of that.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Spooky, sorry.

Definitely was very smart, and super easy going. Always very approachable. Where he came from before reclassing from wheel mechanic to EOD, was from 699th Maint. out of NTC & Fort Irwin, 916 SB. Even after he had moved with his career, the news of his passing had hit us hard.

Dude loved hearing our stories of dealing with IED's from OIF, said he found what we thought as frightening totally fascinating and needing to be dealt with. We didn't know that he was scheming about changing over and becoming EOD later to do just so.

Another short thing about him, our glorious leader lead us into a minefield near Musa Qala doing logpacs supporting Mountain Thrust. As the rear vehicle I volunteered to ground guide us all out. Eric wanted to help but I told him to get his fat ass back inside the 1152, I didn't want him on my conscious because my decision was really stupid but it was the only option we had at the time and we were starting to attract locals attention. Plus he was that vehicle's CLS and was more important than me being the TC. I think he took that moment to heart and had lead by example because of that.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Spooky, sorry.
You’re totally good man, I appreciate you sharing that with us. I’ll keep him in my thoughts.

Congratulations! I would read through most of my training related posts, because your pipeline is going to be similar to mine, due to it being Navy EOD.

Congratulations! I would read through most of my training related posts, because your pipeline is going to be similar to mine, due to it being Navy EOD.
I’ll give it a look, appreciate it.

Back