Stupidest Rules

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
The headline on the 01JUN edition of "Army Times" reads, "Army's Stupidest Rules." So what do you think they are? (Doesn't have to be Army or military-related; what are the dumbest laws/rules you can think of?)

I have heard you can only have sex in the missionary position.....That is prolly the stupidest rule there is if someone isn't pulling my leg.

The non issued kit ban in Australia at the moment due to a ball in blank situation.
Kick the range safety supervisor and the digger in the arse for not checking their pouches properly, don't make everyone use shit gear.

I have to pick up after my dog when hiking, even though she does her business in the woods, but a horse can take car of business in the middle of trail and nothing is said. Not fun when mountain biking...

The non issued kit ban in Australia at the moment due to a ball in blank situation.
Kick the range safety supervisor and the digger in the arse for not checking their pouches properly, don't make everyone use shit gear.

Does that go for all gear, even webbing etc?

Apparently different units are interpreting it in different ways. The bit I have seen indicates that it issued pouches only, some units are taking it as complete webbing.
It doesn't effect the boys on ops, just in Australia.

Having to wear head gear outdoors.

I enforce it ferociously, and hate it when I do it.

Why can't I walk from my car to the gas pump without my headgear?

Hurlburt Fld used to have a sign at the pumps designating the area as a no hat no salute area. Made sense to me.

I always thought the no PC in garrison rule was BS too.

A couple others stemming from douche's being in charge:
1. Earplugs attached to uniforms.
2. Having to carry post regs around in a blouse pocket.

Backpack on ONE shoulder only. Gay.

Definitely a dumb rule. So... it presents a more professional appearance to wear a backpack using one strap than two? WTF is that all about, anyway?

The umbrella rule. So using an umbrella in uniform is less professional than the public seeing Joe getting soaking wet. You know what they're all thinking when they see that? "Damn that dude's dumb, he should have gotten an umbrella." :doh:

Air Force no longer being allowed to wear rightfully earned "sister-service" badges/Tabs etc etc.

The one I hate is the no hands in the pockets. Ever. and to have all the buttons on your uniform done up at all time. Personally I find it uncomfortable to have my bottom button on my tunic done up at all times.

One of the stupid directives that came down to us ordered us to stop using the term "Kill Team" (Kilo Tangos) for our two and three-man excursions from principle ambush sites. Apparently the media got wind of it. Henceforth KTs had to be refered to as "Security Patrols." To my knowledge, nobody complied with this directive.

PT belts when in anytype of uniform.. in BALAD was nuts,,., had a CSM yell at me the same nite I got there.. was in my tan flight suit and he was like hey trooper come here.. as I got closer to him I could see his rank and he was like where is your PT belt.. Said CSM didnt know that the PT belt was part of the flight uniform.. he was like well son here everyone wears it no matter what uniform.. i asked why.. he said so you dont get ran over.. i replied if that is the case we would already have problems cause noone should be driving on the sidewalk.. he didnt like that at all..

the 25th had some great ones too.. the best one was the unwritten one.. no ground to ground combat in the 25th AOR.. I was like WTF...

7point not sure when that came out cause I went to SKT (Small Kill Team) class over in Iraq back in 07..

Back