.Swcc School/training Questions

SkrewzLoose

Something Clever
Verified Military
I've been tooling around online trying to find some specifics regarding what to expect upon arrival at SWCC school. I found some good information on Stew Smith's site and on military.com.

http://www.stewsmith.com/swcc.htm
http://www.military.com/military-fi...warfare-combatant-crewmember-fitness-training

I also read through about 6 worthless pages on the FB SEAL/SWCC page and got nothing from it. The questions are as follows...

Both sites mention drownproofing, in the pool, in the bay and in the ocean. I've tried GOOGLE-ING specifics for the drownproofing and I can't find anything. Does anyone know if it's like the drownproofing at BUD/S where your feet and hands are restrained, and you have to bob, travel, retrieve a mask, bob, etcetera or is it just floating for a certain amount of time? Or is it one of those things that you have to wait and find out about when you get there?

The Stew Smith site mentions a 5km run (weeks 1-3), 7km run (weeks 4-6) and a 10km run (weeks 7-9), all in boots and pants. Will those be one time events during that particular week of training or should I be expecting to do those on a weekly basis? On a similar note, are there not weekly 4 mile timed runs like in BUD/S?

Finally, I ship in March. Should I buy fins now to get used to the feeling of swimming with them, or wait until I arrive at SWCC school?

Thank you all, in advance, for your help.

Think it's similar to the drown proofing of SF SCUBA school? They had that on the Surviving the Cut show.

The Stew Smith site mentions a 5km run (weeks 1-3), 7km run (weeks 4-6) and a 10km run (weeks 7-9), all in boots and pants. Will those be one time events during that particular week of training or should I be expecting to do those on a weekly basis? On a similar note, are there not weekly 4 mile timed runs like in BUD/S?

Daily. "Daily" because you should expect to have your nuts kicked every day until you graduate. If you allow your mind to think "Well, I only have to run 7k today" then you have already failed.

Dude, if you are working yourself up over the runs then your swimming form won't matter much.

I PM'd CBTech about some of this stuff as well and he's provided me with some really good, first hand information regarding the training.
Thank you all for the input and advice. It's appreciated more than you might imagine.

Did those guys have to swim laps while tied up? I can't remember. They do in BUD/S.

If you're still talking about the Combat Swimmers from Surviving the Cut, yes. Technically, they called it "traveling" while your hands and feet are bound. Your hands are bound behind your back and your feet are bound together and you dolphin kick as your means of proplulsion.

Back