TACP PAST (Standard and SOF)

Red-Dot

Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
For anyone interested in the TACP AFSC, I have attached some info on the requirements for entry into TACP pipeline and SOF TACP PAST. Another good resource for info is www.romad.com At that particular site you can engage and ask actual instructors at the school house.... and please search first. Regards.

The SOF TACP PAST is the latest which was posted 7/18/2012 on Romad.com

Attachments

• TACP PAST for entry.pdf
    150.2 KB · Views: 658
  • SPECIAL TACTICS TACP PT EVALUATION STANDARDS.docx
    15.6 KB · Views: 632
I suggest confirming the SOF TACP PAST standard with current career field managers at HQ AF, HQ ACC and HQ AFSOC. This is essentially to the best of the info I have the Army Ranger School clone PAST implemented ca. 2009/2010 for a few months that did not survive getting official sanctioned approval.

A 4:00 sit-up test? I have never seen or heard of anything like that before. Typo maybe?

Tough sit ups (fingers interlocked behind the head), I like it! Had to do those for the DEVGRU screening a month ago, the Chief called them "Airborne sit ups". I only did 59 when I normally do 80-90 with my hands on my shoulders. Huge difference!!

Tough sit ups (fingers interlocked behind the head), I like it! Had to do those for the DEVGRU screening a month ago, the Chief called them "Airborne sit ups". I only did 59 when I normally do 80-90 with my hands on my shoulders. Huge difference!!
They also lead to a lot of.neck.and spine injury. They should be called retard sit-ups.
Reed

I suggest confirming the SOF TACP PAST standard with current career field managers at HQ AF, HQ ACC and HQ AFSOC. This is essentially to the best of the info I have the Army Ranger School clone PAST implemented ca. 2009/2010 for a few months that did not survive getting official sanctioned approval.
Wilco....I gleaned the info from this site.... http://www.afsoc.af.mil/specialtactics/tacp/

They also lead to a lot of.neck.and spine injury. They should be called retard sit-ups.
Reed
I think it's because a lot of Army dudes only do push ups, sit ups, and run and neglect their lower back, upper back, and hamstrings. That's where, I believe, a lot of the knee and back injuries in the Army come from.

Problems usually aren't caused by-
  • Upper back being stronger than chest.
  • Hams being stronger than quads/hip flexors.
  • Lower back being stronger than abs.
When you reverse those, it's a recipe for injury.

Wilco....I gleaned the info from this site.... http://www.afsoc.af.mil/specialtactics/tacp/
The being current information on that website is suspect. The comment--The physical requirements for a TACP and a Battlefield Airman are different" is the concern for being old info. TACP has been a Battlefield Airman AFSC for some time.

Additional the reference to "AFI 13-219,Special Tactics Operator Standards and Evaluation Program, Chapter 3. The added CWST portion of the PT Evaluation is a modification for SPECIAL TACTICS TACP Selection purposes only." give reason to suspect being current info. AFI 13-210 is two volumes and ther PT info is now in chapter 2 in Vol 2. CWST refers to Combat Weather Special Tatics and the alpha shredout of combat waether is now a seperate and unique Secial OPerations Weather AFSC. It appears this was the policy before 17th SOC tranfered from ACC to AFSOC. Further more RAP for US Ranger duty assignment is now RASP I and RASP II use Ranger Swim Ability Evaluation (RSAE) to describe it swim requirement while the Ranger School uses Combat Water Survival Assesment to describe its swim requirement.

I could be over reacting, but I'd verify if it is still current info.

The being current information on that website is suspect. The comment--The physical requirements for a TACP and a Battlefield Airman are different" is the concern for being old info. TACP has been a Battlefield Airman AFSC for some time.

Additional the reference to "AFI 13-219,Special Tactics Operator Standards and Evaluation Program, Chapter 3. The added CWST portion of the PT Evaluation is a modification for SPECIAL TACTICS TACP Selection purposes only." give reason to suspect being current info. AFI 13-210 is two volumes and ther PT info is now in chapter 2 in Vol 2. CWST refers to Combat Weather Special Tatics and the alpha shredout of combat waether is now a seperate and unique Secial OPerations Weather AFSC. It appears this was the policy before 17th SOC tranfered from ACC to AFSOC. Further more RAP for US Ranger duty assignment is now RASP I and RASP II use Ranger Swim Ability Evaluation (RSAE) to describe it swim requirement while the Ranger School uses Combat Water Survival Assesment to describe its swim requirement.

I could be over reacting, but I'd verify if it is still current info.

Ok...cool I deleted the SOF part until I can verify it's 100 percent. Will repost ASAP.

Ah what the hell? I take a hiatus from SS and now I gotta clean up yalls (my af brethren) messes. ;)

TACP PAST
1.5 Mile Run - 10:47
-10min rest
-pullups (2 minutes) - 6
-2 minute rest
-situps (2 minutes) - 48
2 minute rest
-push ups (2 minutes) - 40

Well I guess I should have actually looked at your PDF before I started bustin balls. Everything on that sheet is correct minus SERE...

SERE's run went from 11:30 to 11:00, pull ups from 6 to 8, sit ups from 50 to 48, push ups from 42 to 48

The most current PAST worksheet can be downloaded here http://www.specialtactics.com/ubbth...ad/Number/153/filename/New_PAST_Worksheet.pdf

I'd be checking as the TACP PAST might change in August or September. All kinds of rumors going about concerning removal of all combat exclusions for all ALO duty assignments and duty positions. As the TACP Past is only applicable to getting into training and through training that is lacking gendered-normed standards, the rumors are flying wild.

I know this is a tiny bit off topic, but does anyone know about how difficult it is to retrain into TACP? I've thought about it for a while (being SF, especially doing nuke duties, is not very satisfying and leaves one wanting more out of the AF).

I've thought about it for a while (being SF, especially doing nuke duties, is not very satisfying and leaves one wanting more out of the AF).

Point of note- you are not "SF". You are a Security Forces Airman, in the AF.

SF refers specifically to Army Special Forces. So unless you are moonlighting for an ODA I am unaware of, please use the correct terminology. And yes, I am well aware that it is very common for Security Forces to shorten their name to SF in the AF world- but I am also aware that it's incorrect and it won't fly here.

To answer your question, the best answer is "Go to the MPF, talk to retraining, and get specific answers. They will be able to tell you if you are in your window, if your career field shred is currently allowing cross training, and if you have the retainability needed to cross train."

Point of note- you are not "SF". You are a Security Forces Airman, in the AF.

SF refers specifically to Army Special Forces. So unless you are moonlighting for an ODA I am unaware of, please use the correct terminology. And yes, I am well aware that it is very common for Security Forces to shorten their name to SF in the AF world- but I am also aware that it's incorrect and it won't fly here.

To answer your question, the best answer is "Go to the MPF, talk to retraining, and get specific answers. They will be able to tell you if you are in your window, if your career field shred is currently allowing cross training, and if you have the retainability needed to cross train."
Forgive me about the "SF" thing, it wasn't my intention to misrepresent myself. It is a commonly used contraction of Security Forces, and I will no longer use it, here or anywhere else.

Back