The Anniversary Of Operation Just Cause

C-17's were flying back then ???:eek:

I thought all we had in transport inventory was 130's, 141's, and C-5's. But I could be wrong.

Oops, I'm mistaken. I've gotten so used to seeing the C-17 in action over the last few years.

C-141s, as well as a couple of C-5 Galaxies. The C-5s were a sight to see, looked like they were practically standing still as they passed almost at eye level with my window as they came in over the bay.

RIP Rangers!

If I recall my CO correctly...
"Remember Rangers, its not every day that we get to take over another country! Cherish this day!"

These guys are studs

These Rangers entered the terminal from the north, where they encountered two surprises. First, two civilian flights had arrived just prior to H-Hour, and about 400 civilians were in the terminal. The other surprise was that the PDF troops defended the terminal more determinedly than anywhere else in the Torrijos/Tocumen complex. When two Rangers searched one of the airport's huge men's rooms on the second floor, two PDF soldiers jumped out of a stall and shot one of the Rangers several times with a pistol. The other Ranger returned fire and, with the assistance of two more Rangers, dragged his wounded buddy out of the men's room. In the process, the Ranger pulling the wounded man was himself shot twice in the back of the head, but his Kevlar helmet stopped both rounds. From outside the men's room door, the unhurt Rangers threw in grenades, but the men's room stalls protected the PDF soldiers. The Rangers then re-entered the men's room and waited for the PDF to show themselves. The Rangers got the better of the ensuing hand-to-hand struggle. One of the PDF soldiers was killed in the men's room while the other was knocked out of the window; he fell two stories and almost landed on a Ranger patrolling outside. When the PDF soldier tried to draw his pistol, the Ranger killed him.

On the far right in this photo is me with the 203, Eubanks in the middle, and Farber (my roommate) on the left. The building on fire that we are about to cross the street and clear is La Comandencia. We were minus a few Rangers after this assault in broad daylight because the 82nd couldn't get their sorry asses to the war on time (Deuce);). In this photo we had just walked through a hole we had to demo through a gymnasium wall to gain access from directly across the street. When we were inside that gymnasium the whole building was shaking as Apaches prepped the objective. I remember being the door kicker inside the burning building, the only thing missing was some really cool music.
soc_03.jpg

The Rock of Charlie Rock 3rd Batt.
s1182125110_30328154_1421.jpg

I'm proud and honored to be able to call myself a Ranger, and to have served along side those gallant few who also reserve the right to do so.

Back