The Artificial Intelligence Problem (or not)

I think the VP is the PERFECT choice for leading the effort as 'AI czar' for the POTUS. Word salad from the VPOTUS dumped into an AI generator could very well crash the entire AI network...

It's two letters - "A" and "I" - sort of like Sesame Street - but way more complicated - and it's not just on a street
- it's on a highway
- a super highway,
- an information super highway.
Part of the issue here is what information is going into the machine that will then determine — and we can predict then, if we think about what information is going in, what then will be produced in terms of decisions and opinions that may be made through that process...
...let me back up for a second: AI is a fancy thing - So to reduce it down to its most simple point, this is part of the issue that we have here is thinking about what is going into a decision, and then whether that decision is actually legitimate and reflective of the needs and the life experiences of all the people

Try to keep up people, shit is getting real.

There is a lot of hype surrounding AI and how it will revolutionize every industry. Some of it is a bit far fetched, others very possible. I personally think the biggest impact will be how it will automate a lot of business functions and put a lot of people out of work. We have a lot of clerical and administrative that AI will replace in the very near future. Even some legal and medical occupations will be at risk.

I was sitting in a meeting the other day and the top boss was talking about our Visual department and the length of time they spend analyzing all of the photos that we send in from the field.

He continued to say that to make their jobs more streamlined, he were working on processes to incorporate AI into analyzing our photographs.

The visual team applauded this like it was a great breakthrough and would make their job easier, I just sat there and stared at them, incredulous that they had no clue the CEO was literally telling them that he was studying ways to make their positions within the company irrelevant.

I was sitting in a meeting the other day and the top boss was talking about our Visual department and the length of time they spend analyzing all of the photos that we send in from the field.

He continued to say that to make their jobs more streamlined, he were working on processes to incorporate AI into analyzing our photographs.

The visual team applauded this like it was a great breakthrough and would make their job easier, I just sat there and stared at them, incredulous that they had no clue the CEO was literally telling them that he was studying ways to make their positions within the company irrelevant.
This is something I haven't been able to fully grasp. I don't get into the generation wars, but in my experience younger people seem to get behind or have little concern with AI even if it will obviously have a negative impact on their own lives. Progressive's are gonna progress, I guess. I often hear "the benefits of AI will outweigh the negatives."

I'm of the mindset that technology has done a lot of damage to humanity, so I'm not convinced AI will save the world.

This is something I haven't been able to fully grasp. I don't get into the generation wars, but in my experience younger people seem to get behind or have little concern with AI even if it will obviously have a negative impact on their own lives. Progressive's are gonna progress, I guess. I often hear "the benefits of AI will outweigh the negatives."

I'm of the mindset that technology has done a lot of damage to humanity, so I'm not convinced AI will save the world.

Same ones that praise the idea of a universal basic income from the state. They think a combination of "free money" and AI will let them live in some utopia. Meanwhile they just need to look at the nearest subsidized housing project to see their future. Morons.

I watched the video on Amanpour & CO this morning and thought these figures were real people. I'm just going to assume nothing is real. It'll be easier that way. 😃

https://www.cnn.com/style/kpop-virtual-bands-ai-intl-hnk/index.html
That shit is Black Mirror-ish and creepy as hell.

Is Black Mirror really some sort of clairvoyant documentary type of program? Perhaps some sort of warning from the future because some of the crazy shit is a bit too accurate. 😳

Listening to Joe Rogan with the guys from Triggernomitry, one of them brought up a great point:

In the next decade or so, we've perfected self-driving cars. Yay! Except....what about taxi cab drivers? Here's AI putting millions in one field alone out of work. AI is also putting others out of work.

Anyone ever look at a country where millions of MAM's are out of work for extended periods of time? Take it a bit further, those folks were already on the bottom end of our country's socioeconomic structure. How many of them are immigrants? Legit immigrants?

We know how this story ends, folks.

fuck 'em because 'muh profits - them cabbies will just need to learn how to code

Besides - why should the kings of industry care? They'll be dead of old age before the man-v-robot war starts

Back