The "New and Improved" Army Basic

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
A further indication of our steady decline of what we once were. Be prepared to either pound your fists, shake your head followed by a steady stream of WTF's, one after another.

Really proud of how this CSM articulates it all.............

Unbelievable. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When all else fails, lower your fucking standards. :uhh:

Hope those recruits that can't take a little yelling and stress in basic find a kinder and gentler enemy when the time comes.:doh::mad:

What I said while I was watching it is exactly what the person who uploaded it said. Lol. Wow, pansy friendly military :/ I thought there were some weak people that made it threw mine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahahaha looks like fun... cell phone privileges and at least 8 hours of sleep daily, that's more than I get now.

They state that it is a good thing that less recruits are being washed out of basic training due to the nicer treatment and easier standards.
I don't see this as a positive result. I would rather see a shit bag washed out in basic training instead of the alternative, which is waiting until the middle of a combat zone to find out the hard way that someone doesn't have what it takes, except for now you have consequences that costs lives.

I was shocked at how many people I saw in basic that had the audacity to question "why?" when told to do something. I know for certain there are times that that split second wasted on asking that question can cost lives.. When I was in basic, it was all I could do to not punch people in the face for questioning orders. Then there were the candyasses that couldnt take elevated voices and stern words. Whoopidty freakin do, get over it. Nothing that guy says is gonna hurt you, unless youre weak. "Take you aside" fuck that noise, make an example so some other dumbass doesnt make the same mistake. I made one in basic, and fully deserved getting my ass handed to me, not only in front of my entire flight, but the squadron too (or at least the ones in the chow hall I was pulled into.) My flight learned a vaulable lesson at my expense: dont crack a joke when left at ease waiting to go to chow, especially if youre a leader, and especially if you dont see that Blue Rope poking his head around the corner staring at you doing it ;)
Verbal reaming I received didnt break my nerve, but my legs betrayed my calm upper body and facial expression that day: I was scared shitless for the one and only time in basic, thought I was going bye-bye. My legs shook as I had two TIs in my face and 4 circling like sharks. Ah, haha, I kinda miss that moment, the rush I felt. Needless to say, learned my lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet I am rejoining next week.....HOMO's....guess they have never seen an angry bear at basic

The tragedy is not that these individuals will be soldiers, but that they will one day be NCOs.

RK, tell your buddy's story.......about her 1SG thrashing his/her company one dark and cloudy morning at DLI.......I think he was the 1SG of F/229 MI Bn.

The tragedy is not that these individuals will be soldiers, but that they will one day be NCOs.

That scares me, too.

If each unit maintains high standards the shitbirds won't go anywhere. A few will slip through but most won't be able to handle the real Army. Us old farts thought the Corps had gone soft when DIs were forced to stop beating recruits but it is still puting out the same product it always has. Change does not come from the ground pounder but from officers on high. If the units are forced to lower standards then the Army is in trouble. Not much will change until the Army puts out a high number of shitbirds.

Sweet I am rejoining next week.....HOMO's....guess they have never seen an angry bear at basic

That would be AWESOME. Real bears at boot camp; train them to maul anyone that breaks the position of attention. The videos alone would make it worth doing.

That video is old.

It was an experiment with non combat arms only, I'm sure was temporary only.

I attended a non combat arms basic training and it sure as shit wasn't soft like the video shows. :2c:

That video is old.
It was an experiment with non combat arms only, I'm sure was temporary only.
I attended a non combat arms basic training and it sure as shit wasn't soft like the video shows. :2c:

Just talked to a recruiter today who called for my son. He says that's the way it is now. Maybe it's "someone's" agenda that we be unprepared?

Just talked to a recruiter today who called for my son. He says that's the way it is now. Maybe it's "someone's" agenda that we be unprepared?

I went through US basic in mid 2009, drill sgts, swore at, verbally abused, threatened physical violence and in one instance threw a helmet and bashed a recruit in the head with it on purpose and in front of the entire company command structure to include the CO.

This is all long after this article hit the news.

I don't know what is happening today, though I do know that alot depends on where someone attends basic training, mine was Ft Benning.

Sand Hill sucks lol

Maybe this crap is actually geared to the parents? Win over Mom and Dad..get Janie or Johnny to sign up. You know sort of like the ol' bait and switch?

Back