The NFL, Kneeling, Ratings, and the Flag

Are you talking football, all pro sports, politicians, movie and TV actors... I mean, the list is quite long.
I quit watching sportsball years ago - being deployed for most of most seasons made it easy not to miss it

I do the very best to stay within my own sustainable limits of hypocrisy - Netflix is the devil - unless it’s something I want to watch - during that time slot, Netflix is ok.
Disney is also the devil - unless they are subsidizing something that brings me pleasure - otherwise - they’re just misfits and groomers
For now

Then again - I’m prone to cheering for the wicked witch of the west because she was the real victim in that movie so my perspective may be a little skewed

I can’t boycott everything but I’ll sure as hell talk a lot of shit about being wronged by things I don’t like because I’m currently identifying as a victim

The NFL making fun of the NFL...playing into common criticisms of the NFL?

No regrets leaving them off my Sunday schedule. Zero. I miss football, but what a shit organization. Kill off Goodell and I might return. Clownshoes. Not NBA level, because that would take A LOT, but clownshoes all the same.

Honorable mention to Key and Peele or whoever that was for selling out. Isn't that right, A-A-ron?
The US Women's National Soccer team entered the chat...

Since all the wars have been over and there's little chance I'll ever have excitement in my life again, I've been visiting the VA and taking pills trying to get back to my pre-GWOT self. I can't stare at the walls forever, and my son's HS/MS games only take up a few hours of my Saturday.

I wouldn't watch any game that begins with some clown kneeling during the anthem. The Bills are doing good for the first time in 20 years. For a miserable guy from WNY, that's about as good as life gets. Still can't stand seeing all the bogus slogans on helmets and in the end zone, it reminds me of They Live, except you don't need the glasses.

I don't remember ever seeing any MLB players kneeling, of course I only try to catch the occasional Yankees game. Half of em' are from the Dominican Republic anyhow.

Since all the wars have been over and there's little chance I'll ever have excitement in my life again, I've been visiting the VA and taking pills trying to get back to my pre-GWOT self. I can't stare at the walls forever, and my son's HS/MS games only take up a few hours of my Saturday.

I wouldn't watch any game that begins with some clown kneeling during the anthem. The Bills are doing good for the first time in 20 years. For a miserable guy from WNY, that's about as good as life gets. Still can't stand seeing all the bogus slogans on helmets and in the end zone, it reminds me of They Live, except you don't need the glasses.

I don't remember ever seeing any MLB players kneeling, of course I only try to catch the occasional Yankees game. Half of em' are from the Dominican Republic anyhow.

You know who almost always stands respectfully for the national anthem? Baseball players and hockey players. You know which sports have the fewest athletes from the US? Baseball and hockey.

You know who almost always stands respectfully for the national anthem? Baseball players and hockey players. You know which sports have the fewest athletes from the US? Baseball and hockey.
My next door neighbor (only have one because I live on a corner) is from Guatemala. He has TWO U.S. flags on his property, including one one a big flag pole that is properly lit so he can fly it all day and all night.

The flag on the next house closest to me on my same street is a Pride flag.

Fly what you want on your own property. I don't care. But it is a demonstration of what we value.

I'm flying this muh-fucker 24/7/365.

12508015-a-100-dollar-bill-with-a-line-of-white-powder-and-razor-on-it.jpg

I do this crazy thing where I just watch the games.

Most of the time, I mute it, or listen to the radio broadcast. Pro sports are an amazing display of athletic ability, discipline, and mastery of craft.

If an athlete does something I don’t agree with, I normally scoff, and think, “ I don’t agree with that” and then I continue watching the sports I enjoy. I try to not let the athletes live rent free in my head.

Do any of these guys even kneel anymore? The NFL turns over every 4 to 5 years outside of QBs. How many guys who were kneeling are even in the NFL?

What does really grind my gears, is that I cannot pay for nfl Sunday ticket for a single team…. Or buy single games via a streaming service. Pretty lame on the part of the billionaires.

^All of the games are parceled out by day of the week and time slot and split up between all the TV providers/streamers. I tried to just buy the damn whole Bills season....nope. It's like the 1980s over here.

If an athlete does something I don’t agree with, I normally scoff, and think, “ I don’t agree with that” and then I continue watching the sports I enjoy. I try to not let the athletes live rent free in my head.

Do any of these guys even kneel anymore? The NFL turns over every 4 to 5 years outside of QBs. How many guys who were kneeling are even in the NFL?

[Rant] [start/ Going to a couple USA network Tuesday night fights live as a kid I remember specifically back in the early 90s the announcer telling everyone to rise as a sign of respect for the men and women in uniform, POWs, those MIA, and those who have lost their lives in service to the United States. It struck me because I never really knew why they sang the Anthem before sporting events.

I don't ever remember anybody mentioning the police force, firefighters or any other first responders involved in public safety. When the kneeling nonsense started I was already tuned out, but I hope the ratings drop sports got during that time was enough to get them to pull their collective heads out of their collective asses. It blew my mind to see millionaire sports guys kneeling for the anthem over the actions of police. I wouldn't' have wanted to be counted as one of a few million in the Nielson ratings. /end] [Rant]

I do this crazy thing where I just watch the games.

Most of the time, I mute it, or listen to the radio broadcast. Pro sports are an amazing display of athletic ability, discipline, and mastery of craft.

They don't. They figured out that their shitty behavior and disrespect of their country (and 90% of their fan base) was costing them money. Kaeperpunk's crusade cost his teammates money but tbat fool has made more money from grift than he would have if he actually wanted to play ball.

I was never really into watching sports. I'd go to a game if someone invited me, or watch one if it's on at the bar or at a party at someone's house. But it was never a big thing for me. That's what made it so easy to walk away completely during the whole BLM/wokeness era.

Back