The NFL, Kneeling, Ratings, and the Flag

Lol. The newer country music is shit. Half the modern "artists" are from the city and fake an accent while singing about their truck they don't have.
I'm neither a die-hard fan of or a detractor from the genre, but there are some people particularly in the 60-80s era who are highly talented and worked their ass off to get where they are. Dolly and George Strait to name a couple. George in particular caught my attention as after growing up on a ranch in rural Texas, he got his start in music while an infantryman in the Army in the early 70s.

I'm neither a die-hard fan of or a detractor from the genre, but there are some people particularly in the 60-80s era who are highly talented and worked their ass off to get where they are. Dolly and George Strait to name a couple. George in particular caught my attention as after growing up on a ranch in rural Texas, he got his start in music while an infantryman in the Army in the early 70s.

Kris Kristofferson (army officer, Ranger school, aviator, also Rhodes Scholar)
Johnny Cash

Many country singers served.

Kris Kristofferson (army officer, Ranger school, aviator, also Rhodes Scholar)
Johnny Cash

Many country singers served.
A lot of people don't know anything about Kris Kristofferson. He has had a huge influence on rock and country. He wrote a lot of the biggest hit songs for some of the biggest names in both genres.

Dolly Parton is an enormously talented performer and songwriter. But...

I Will Always Love You: Whitney Houston did it better.
Jolene: Miley Cyrus did it better.
There'll Always Be Music: Tina Turner did it better (<--I think it was Tina? I may need to check that one)

A lot of people don't know anything about Kris Kristofferson. He has had a huge influence on rock and country. He wrote a lot of the biggest hit songs for some of the biggest names in both genres.
TIL Whistler from Blade was a damn good country artist

Put him in a dress and give him to the Taliban. He probably like burnt popcorn...
I hear he even likes blue waffles.

There's a lot of really good country music out now. Look up Charles Wesley Godwin. Tons of Indie folks out there are amazing.
This seems to be the case for most things now. Whether its films, music, games, etc., there's a lot of big names/companies out there being outdone by 2 dudes in a garage.

Someone take @AWP shoelaces. What a brutal overtime loss (sorry bro you're the only Vikings fan I have ever known).

I have a great friend, former paramedic colleague who is now a cop in New Mexico, who grew up in a town right outside of Minneapolis and is a huge fan. I texted him to ask if we need to put him on suicide watch and I haven't heard back.

But damn, why do you do the same play twice in a row on a 4th and 1 with undersized players?

Back