The NFL, Kneeling, Ratings, and the Flag

The National Anthem is played at Games because its bad ass. It started Cicra 1918 during WWI at a World Series game and then spread more and more during World War II and soon after it became the norm at baseball games which then spread to other sports!!!!!!:ninja::zzz::D

Last edited:
The Panthers' owner is pretty serious about where he stands (it ain't for kneeling for the anthem). Today a bunch of concerned players are meeting with him to come to a consensus. He has been outspoken about their right to do what they want away from the field but has been pretty steadfast in his expectation in uniform.

Panthers players meeting with owner Jerry Richardson today over protests

The boss lady and I have discussed this a few times since Kaepernick started sitting, then kneeling, during the anthem. People can do what the want to do to call attention to a cause, to call BS on the President calling on a private business to fire employees, etc. That's the beauty of living in this country. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. I watch television sparingly and when I do it is usually sports (mostly Pittsburgh teams) or movies for entertainment and could really care less about any of the athletes or actors beliefs or politics.

Not giving a shit about much of anything has it's benefits in life! Nihilism! :D

This goes along with what I previously said about how people don't actually know or care why NFL players are kneeling. It's creating a trend that disrespecting anything America stands for is now the right thing to do.

Attachments

• 21766515_1946528462269075_2119603977478080625_n.jpg
    21766515_1946528462269075_2119603977478080625_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 37
This goes along with what I previously said about how people don't actually know or care why NFL players are kneeling. It's creating a trend that disrespecting anything America stands for is now the right thing to do.

It’s funny, really, that this site is literally the only platform on which I’ve even remotely commented about the NFL kneeling issue. Not on Facebook, not in person, nor have I run out to start an Instagram or Twitter account so I can partake of said outrage. So it’s safe to say that all I feel is a bit of skepticism, and nothing more.

That is, until I saw this picture. Too many family and friends are in Section 60 and columbariums for me not to be affected by his protest. Black, white, Asian, Arlington knows no color. I still can’t find my outrage switch for The Cause (TM), but I damn sure am angry enough to cave that motherfucker’s head in. Not everyone, just him.

Fucking cunts. All of them. Disrespectful cunts, looking for something to bitch about. IMHO......

M.

The Panthers' owner is pretty serious about where he stands (it ain't for kneeling for the anthem). Today a bunch of concerned players are meeting with him to come to a consensus. He has been outspoken about their right to do what they want away from the field but has been pretty steadfast in his expectation in uniform.

Panthers players meeting with owner Jerry Richardson today over protests

How quickly things change in a day.

I hope he finds time to work on his game in addition to this.

Found this in my news feed. :rolleyes:

NFL might ‘go to hell,’ but Panthers QB Cam Newton has different destination in mind

BTW, DirecTV is offering refunds to those who purchased an NFL Sunday packages this year.

These are the type of things that make me wish the "hate" option was back. Really makes it hard for me to be supportive of those who do kneel during the anthem because it brings to light that a undefined amount of people have no idea what they are protesting at whatsoever. That they just do it because it's the in thing to do.

How quickly things change in a day.

I hope he finds time to work on his game in addition to this.

Found this in my news feed. :rolleyes:

NFL might ‘go to hell,’ but Panthers QB Cam Newton has different destination in mind

BTW, DirecTV is offering refunds to those who purchased an NFL Sunday packages this year.

So my question then, if this (protesting) has nothing to do with patriotism or the flag (as said in the article), why do it then?

That's a legit question. I have read that are heard that in the media; it's not about the flag, it's not about patriotism. OK, fine. Then why not a different venue?

What I find most interesting:

After what can be logically assessed as the last twenty years of zero productivity towards racially separated issues and other venomous topics - the turning point came from a declining NFL Quarterback's decision to take a knee during the National Anthem. What a fucking joke this is.

If you want to assess how much people care, observe how they dedicate their time to the issue.

"Yeah, you won't find me actually doing anything about what is going on - but if somebody plays the National Anthem at a game I'm paid to play, while infront of the camera, sure, I'll briefly take a knee." (thanks for your contribution there..)

I might actually be impressed by the same players who took a knee, not showing up to work on Sunday. Have any of these players (fuck just one?) actually filed anything in the court system? Have any of these players came to the aide of the long toted police brutality victims?

No, they just take a fucking quick little knee and go back to playing football. Meanwhile, observers shout like school girls over the issue.

This is all for show, literally, nothing is changing/happening/inbound from *insert name of dickhead* taking a knee. Big shout-out to those who burned their sports memorabilia in their yards. I hope you put the fire out with your tears because the beneficiaries of the goods you purchased are crying laughing at your pathetic little attempt at protest.

I wish there was a metric or value we could place on someone's protest.

These players, leftists, whatever - they're not really protesting anything. Nothing really productive is happening as a result of this except its great media coverage and there is an endless supply of dickheads on Facebook ready to freak out. For the record, I don't give a flying fuck what you do during the National Anthem. If you want to be a disrespectful asshole, congrats, its your right to do so.

Do it in my house, burn a flag, or attempt to fuck up any of my mojo for the day - that's a different story.

To anyone who says these protests are not disrespecting the National Anthem - they absolutely are, and by design, are a disrespectful gesture to the National Anthem and Nation alike. To attempt to capitalize on the fame and glory of the National Anthem with a protest, and then shove-off the notion that it wasn't about that is not only hypocritical but moronic.

H/A

A few thoughts, in no particular order.

Peaceful protest has historical significance in the black community. It has worked for them and some of the most honored were peaceful protesters.

I would rather have peaceful protest that I disagree with. Than to stop free speech and have violence instead. Taking a knee and giving an outlet is preferred to shooting cops.

Patriotism isn't being taught in many schools as it was to me. I went to a HS graduation a few years ago. A large portion of people sat, talked and laughed during the anthem. This was in a sanctuary city at a sanctuary school.

The fact that of the top 5 ways a black male dies in the USA one is homicide (CDC). Is something that bothers me and is a real problem.

A few thoughts, in no particular order.

Peaceful protest has historical significance in the black community. It has worked for them and some of the most honored were peaceful protesters.

I would rather have peaceful protest that I disagree with. Than to stop free speech and have violence instead. Taking a knee and giving an outlet is preferred to shooting cops.

Patriotism isn't being taught in many schools as it was to me. I went to a HS graduation a few years ago. A large portion of people sat, talked and laughed during the anthem. This was in a sanctuary city at a sanctuary school.

The fact that of the top 5 ways a black male dies in the USA one is homicide (CDC). Is something that bothers me and is a real problem.

Yeah well it reads like it bothers you.

Plot Twist: Most homicidal crime involves minority groups acting against other minority groups - not police officers or these wheat chewing rednecks calling people "boy" and shit. Silent protests aren't doing a motherfucking thing. You can be part of fixing the world, taking advantage of the world, or feeling sorry for the world.

You choose.

Back