The NFL, Kneeling, Ratings, and the Flag

Yeah well it reads like it bothers you.

I don't like that the NFL players are kneeling for the anthem and it's not something I would do. The form of protest they chose bothered me but I can seek to understand it.

You're 100% correct about homicides.

I think all of you are missing Trumps ultimate goal. Seeing Kaepernick kneeling as a form of protest got him thinking, "is there a way to make the whole world protest within a few miles of me?"

I don't believe Trump has an ultimate goal other than accomplishing what he believes to be best for the country. Like any president before him, he will make miscalculations and hopefully that can be minimized. Interesting note though - his presidency has been the best thing to happen to the topic of racially divided societal issues and it's quite ironic.

These issues will remain relevant so long as opponents in the administration consider it an effective political play.

I'm not arguing for or against the validity of said issues. Frankly I don't give a shit - what I do care about is politicians, media, and the ivory tower types among protest organizations capitalizing on emotion to support a personal/political agenda. So many people believe this country has gone to shit for the simple reason that bad news is force-fed through all media sources.

My understanding from a Rodgers radio interview is that they will all remain standing while locking arms. No kneeling or sitting. So, I'll be curious to see the reaction to that.

I think I have said it here, I don't mind protesting. I think sticking to your values and protesting according to your values is a good thing. My issue is the mechanism, and the apparent manufactured outrage since Trump tweeted what he did. I agree with red flag that this is totally overshadowing the very good charitable work that most of the players and teams do. I don't mind that this is creating a national dialogue, in fact I welcome it. But I fear that their actions are backing everybody into a corner, those who agree with those actions, and those who don't, and everyone will be sticking to their guns to The Bitter End.

My understanding from a Rodgers radio interview is that they will all remain standing while locking arms. No kneeling or sitting. So, I'll be curious to see the reaction to that.
What's great unity would be standing at attention with their hands over their hearts and then donating both time and money to inner city charities for at-risk youth from broken homes. Because the true leading cause of crime is young men raised without fathers.

What's great unity would be standing at attention with their hands over their hearts and then donating both time and money to inner city charities for at-risk youth from broken homes. Because the true leading cause of crime is young men raised without fathers.

You know they don't do the latter? Do you do those things?

You know they don't do the latter? Do you do those things?
They have way more money and way more time than I do. However, I've put my money where my mouth was when it came to Hurricane Harvey Relief donating to Rugby Relief (Didn't have the time, although I may get some soon), which is a fucking outstanding organization of Rugby Players that deployed 170 people in Houston to gut homes. Mostly to help Rugby people but it quickly became Rugby House on the block first and then the rest in a systematic fashion. They're still working. Puerto Rico is without power right now, place is fucked, and we're hearing about this shit. Why are you playing with this crap?

Like I have hear about this shit all day rather than how troops and ships are moving to the Caribbean to begin stability operations.

Last edited:
<mod edit>

While likely not your intent, your phrasing comes across as antagonistic towards another member.

Professional environment please; especially in these types of threads. We have at least two topics that are always just one misinterpreted phrase from blowing up into an angry dialog between any two members.

Thanks!

Last edited:
While likely not your intent, your phrasing comes across as antagonistic towards another member.

Professional environment please; especially in these types of threads. We have at least two topics that are always just one misinterpreted phrase from blowing up into an angry dialog between any two members.

Thanks!
Thought we talked about this very thing earlier.

@TLDR20 and @ThunderHorse you're taking a break from the thread.

@Ooh-Rah , thanks for the work, and everyone else, carry on.

Back