The Revenant

It's "Fight Club" meets "A Clockwork Orange."

I had the same thought after reading IMDb's story line. I like the part for Tom Hardy. He just comes across so believable in everything he does. Is it still on Netflix?

Last edited:

Probably the best movie I've seen in a decade or better. Along the lines of dances with wolves, Lonesome dove, and the like. Wonderfully done, very few special effects, the bear scene was CGI, but damn you could never tell it. The whole movie was awesome IMO.

The story line is fucked, as it doesn't truly follow Hugh Glass's story of the ordeal he survived, so it loosely based on the true story and incorporated some story's of other events during the frontier era. If you were a history nerd about the frontier era (as I was and somewhat still am), you should fully enjoy the movie.

Funny, I took my wife to see it, about half way into it she tells me "there is no way anyone could survive something like that" so I told her "you do realize its loosely based on a true story". Of course she did not believe me until I made her read a wiki page about it. She asks me, how do you know all this stuff, so I pulled out my dads Time Life series that covers the entire beginning of America that I have been reading/referencing since I was like 6-7 yrs old. lol she called me a nerd...first time for everything I guess.

Go see it, its worth it.
Too funny. Had a choice to make and knew this movie would be right up my alley, but chose Hyena Road. Probably rent this one tomorrow night.

Saw "Warrior" tonight on the tube with my sons. Tom Hardy was a major badass. Good fight scenes. Made me want to work on my traps.

Saw an older movie last night-Out of the Furnace.Pretty good-2 guys from Platoon were in it.2013.Would recommend.For thriller buffs Hush and Return to Sender not too bad.No Escape and Selfless good as well.Try to chill with a movie a day.
Im a horror-psych thriller buff.Any suggestions?

Great movie, but slow. Take the most bad ass, thrashing album you can think of and play it at 2/3 speed. That's The Revenant.

We need a movie with Daniel Day Lewis and Tom Hardy, the working title would be "Oscars for everyone."

Back