This man does NOT like Jocko...

I've seen a number of Jay's videos. He isn't the first to call out Jocko, Luttrell, and others.

Other communities have problems, but NSW's public face is looking pretty rough the last few years.

The guy he is interviewing is a former SEAL, who calls out Willink and Chris Kyle and others, especially as related to TF Bruiser. A lot of Marines got hurt, killed, because of Willink's ass-hattery.

The guy he is interviewing is a former SEAL, who calls out Willink and Chris Kyle and others, especially as related to TF Bruiser. A lot of Marines got hurt, killed, because of Willink's ass-hattery.

I started the video this morning to be honest, but decided to keep my mouth shut given my previous criticism of NSW. Luttrell's pushback has flown under the radar so far and now folks are pushing back on Jocko. My Bagram to-go tray take is there are facts and there is the cult of Jocko/ Luttrell. At some point this topic will blow up and not just here on Shadowspear.

As I've posted before, we've placed veterans on pedestals for too long and that bill will come due at some point.

I started the video this morning to be honest, but decided to keep my mouth shut given my previous criticism of NSW. Luttrell's pushback has flown under the radar so far and now folks are pushing back on Jocko. My Bagram to-go tray take is there are facts and there is the cult of Jocko/ Luttrell. At some point this topic will blow up and not just here on Shadowspear.

As I've posted before, we've placed veterans on pedestals for too long and that bill will come due at some point.

I have this condition, and there's no medication for it except bourbon. I call out bullshit. I have a love affair for SOF, fighter pilots, astronauts, and elevator repairmen (mad skills and make huge $). But there should be no sacred cows. If a person, people, a group, a community, fuck up, then decide to double-down on it, they deserve what they get, they deserve to get outed, they deserve to be knocked off those pedestals. I have nothing for them.

Social media is seeing more and more folks like the former SEAL in the video outing the BS, and the guys living in the glass houses are starting to get panes cracked.

Jocko did a virtual session here at West Point a few years ago. I posted about it here on the site.

I don't know the man, have never met him in person, and don't have an opinion one way or the other on him as a person or as a podcast host/personality. I will say, though, that his session with the cadets was very well received (and well attended) by them, I personally thought it was interesting and useful, and in the pre-event meetings with him that we had via Zoom (or whatever we were using), I found him humble, thoughtful, and engaging.

For what it's worth, based on my very limited interactions/observations, I have a high opinion of him and his ability to motivate young leaders.

Jocko did a virtual session here at West Point a few years ago. I posted about it here on the site.

I don't know the man, have never met him in person, and don't have an opinion one way or the other on him as a person or as a podcast host/personality. I will say, though, that his session with the cadets was very well received (and well attended) by them, I personally thought it was interesting and useful, and in the pre-event meetings with him that we had via Zoom (or whatever we were using), I found him humble, thoughtful, and engaging.

For what it's worth, based on my very limited interactions/observations, I have a high opinion of him and his ability to motivate young leaders.

Likewise I've never met him. I know he does leverage the Trident into $, it's what they do. I also know Marines/sailors who were involved with him with TF Bruiser who were very underwhelmed.

I doubt I'll live long enough to see it, but at some point all of details about TF Bruiser, Luttrell, DEVGRU war crimes, Rob O'Neill, Eddie Gallagher...all of that will come out. NSW leadership is just kicking the can down the road on facts seeing the light of day. When that happens, the Trident's shine will take a significant hit.

To be fair, the Army has the Tillman case which has seemingly been swept under the rug despite those facts being in the public domain for some time. Jessica Lynch is another great tale people gloss over.

Every organization has shitheads, none are immune. NSW's problem is its stories are out there and for such a small community, there are a lot of stories. At some point the floodgates will open and NSW will pay a price. For the 98-99% of NSW out there it isn't fair.

I think a number of guys know the truth, but are caught between the truth, the community, and being a "tattletale." At some point it will all come out and there will be a bloodletting. That sucks for the 98%-ish of the community who are professionals and just want to be SEALs taking the fight to our nation's enemies.

I worked with Jocko when he was an OIC of some sort at the BUD/S facility. He asked me to be a guest evaluator for some OEF pre-deployment training at Billy Makin, which was a pretty cool experience. I thought he was a humble and tactically sound professional. This put him in the minority category of characters I met out there. I can see why he clashed with some of his peers, if that is indeed the case. NSW and humility goes together like peanut butter and onions. Ethics too lately unfortunately.

Every organization has shitheads, none are immune.
This 1000x

There are also a lot of good people with different perspectives/experiences. What we know of someone through our own personal experiences may be very different than someone else has encountered professionally.

On Luttrell, when I was at VMI we had two speakers. One, attendance was compulsory, we had an accountability formation for. That was Hillary, for a liberal turd she actually had an ok speech.

Luttrell's was not compulsory, it was also in a different and smaller facility. Every seat in the theater (750 seats) and 500 seats in the overflow were filled with Cadets.

Honestly we had a lot of bullshit speakers in my time, it's even worse now, Luttrell's is the best speaker we had while I was in school.

You can post a video and say Jocko's bullshit is being called out, by another guy who is trying to be a mil influencer? Jay Dorleus? Is that his name, sorry but these are essentially the same guy. Jocko just got here first.

On Luttrell, when I was at VMI we had two speakers. One, attendance was compulsory, we had an accountability formation for. That was Hillary, for a liberal turd she actually had an ok speech.

Luttrell's was not compulsory, it was also in a different and smaller facility. Every seat in the theater (750 seats) and 500 seats in the overflow were filled with Cadets.

Honestly we had a lot of bullshit speakers in my time, it's even worse now, Luttrell's is the best speaker we had while I was in school.

You can post a video and say Jocko's bullshit is being called out, by another guy who is trying to be a mil influencer? Jay Dorleus? Is that his name, sorry but these are essentially the same guy. Jocko just got here first.

I don't know this Jay guy, he was interviewing a former SEAL. But if someone can offer evidence of this Jay fella having done sketchy, unethical shit, I'm all ears.

At the end of the day I don't care if someone was a super-elite green seal ranger recon beret, a motor-T, a cannon-cocker, or filed paperwork, if they did sketchy, unethical shit, it should be called out. I hate it when people feel like they deserve a pass for being name-your-special-status.

Back