Top Sniper on the Military Channel

Debrief/Spoiler

Alright for now here's the debrief/spoiler on the who placed where in each portion of the competition. It's not in any particular order, just how it ended up being written down. If you want to figure out how the competition went down, here's the timeline.

Best Overall Team, Stress Fire, Convoy Live Fire, Night Movers, Counter Sniper
Sgt. 1st Class Jason St. John and Staff Sgt. Robby Johnson, of the Army Marksmanship Unit

Alternate Firing Positions
US Army Special Warfare Training Group

Day Movers
US Army NG Sniper School

50 Cal. Shoot, Aerial Shoot
Irish Defence Force, Support Company 28th Inf Bn

The two ARNG guys they showed in the vid were my instructors at the Guard component sniper school. The same guys also won the 2005 International Sniper comp. They're definitely masters of their craft.

I heard...

Now dont quote me on this, but the longest confirmed shot is 7 miles. Anyone hear what I have?

Well......

Hahahaha what were "They" using, a 105mm?

No accutually they were using a 50 cal that they sorta from what I've herd... herld it in a sence. :uhh: I mean most of you know what I mean when I say that. I was told this by a former SF member. Now all that I know is that a few snipers that were together put there heads together and came up with a theory. If we do this and this.... that should work. It was a shot taken from one country over the border to another. I was not given many details. I dont know if this kinda shot is possible or not. I work in law enforcement.... we dont take shots from much farther than like say 300 yards...lol. I was just merly checking the story to see if any of you thought it was possible.

No accutually they were using a 50 cal that they sorta from what I've herd... herld it in a sence. :uhh: I mean most of you know what I mean when I say that. I was told this by a former SF member. Now all that I know is that a few snipers that were together put there heads together and came up with a theory. If we do this and this.... that should work. It was a shot taken from one country over the border to another. I was not given many details. I dont know if this kinda shot is possible or not. I work in law enforcement.... we dont take shots from much farther than like say 300 yards...lol. I was just merly checking the story to see if any of you thought it was possible.

Do a search on this board, there's a few threads about such a topic but it's nothing like what your talking about there. :uhh::rolleyes:

7 miles.... Thats farther then the longest Tank to Tank kill. I think you've been had.

Thanks guys for all the info. This is what I was trying to do. I thought that it was a stretch and called bullshit.:doh: Anyways I will have to call it again with some proof. :)

I didnt look to hard but couldn't really find the possible distance a 50 cal could travel, I highly doubt it's 7 miles let alone hitting something at that range.
There is a thread here somewhere about Rob Furlong, the Canuak sniper that holds the wolrd record for the longest confirmed kill in the ballpark of 2,600 yrds IIRC.

LOL, no not yet. Haven't gotten over to my Father's to get his DVD writer to get it off the DVR. I'm hoping to get it done this weekend. ;) Your a needy bugger aren't yah?

Nop, just a pain in the arse:D

Back