Top Sniper on the Military Channel

Thanks for the link to the videos. Good stuff. :cool: The sniper roll is what I am shooting for on the SWAT team. I have a little bit of expierence with it and think that I would do well there. Anyways. Thanks for all the info and the link. I will take it for good use.:)

Ya i taped it. I wanted the USAF guys to win not the case though. Oh well I t was still cool to watch those guys are amazing on what they can do with there rifles.

It's not possible, it's total bullshit, either the person/people saying this are ashats or they were having a laugh at people's expense.

Now that's all you needed to say to a bunch of Type 'A's' with longguns in their arsenal. 'Can't be done'......uh-oh..

Bad guys in the next country over are duckin and jivin right now....waitn for 'The Shot'.....lolol

Ya i taped it. I wanted the USAF guys to win not the case though. Oh well I t was still cool to watch those guys are amazing on what they can do with there rifles.

Any Chance you can up load it, as I can't get the military Channel in Ireland :(

The two ARNG guys they showed in the vid were my instructors at the Guard component sniper school. The same guys also won the 2005 International Sniper comp. They're definitely masters of their craft.

Check that, They were my instructors as well when i went through the school. Stand up guys with alot of knowledge. They arent just school house boys either they do MTT's in country and go out with fresh sniper teams on combat missions giving them a warm fuzzy for a month or so. Pretty cool stuff. And their abilitys with urban hide sides are just spooky.

No accutually they were using a 50 cal that they sorta from what I've herd... herld it in a sence. :uhh: I mean most of you know what I mean when I say that. I was told this by a former SF member. Now all that I know is that a few snipers that were together put there heads together and came up with a theory. If we do this and this.... that should work. It was a shot taken from one country over the border to another. I was not given many details. I dont know if this kinda shot is possible or not. I work in law enforcement.... we dont take shots from much farther than like say 300 yards...lol. I was just merly checking the story to see if any of you thought it was possible.

Not possible. Even with a bolt action 50 cal maybe a shot on a point target is probably only 80% at 1600 meters. The 50 starts dropping like a rock after about 1500 meters. The 408 chey tac might be able to extend that considerably but 7 miles is just insane. Never happen. It would have to be indirect fire.

On the other hand one of my buddies in 19th group an 18C told me about one of thier guys in Astan using an m2 as indirect and launching rounds over a hill top to provide some sort of suppressive fire for thier guys that were pinned down. That was several miles away he locked it in with a T&E and was using mortar tube theorys to calculate where his rounds would be going. I think he won a bronze star for that or something. Ended up killing some dudes.

Back