Trayvon Martin Case

I was considering starting a thread to discuss this thread- not the event, but just the thread itself.

Back on track, one of Zimmerman's black friends comes forward to defend him.

Apparently, one of Zimmerman's weekend activities was to do free academic tutoring for minority at-risk youth.

This sounds alot less like white racist murder and more like media-fueled pitchfork and fire-torch rabble-rousing bullshit:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Here's what I don't get...haven't gone through to read a lot of the posts, but there was an Iraqi immigrant woman killed in California. A note was left by her which stated "Go back to your country." THAT is a racist crime. Where's the outrage for it? We don't know the color of the skin of this person, but no one seems to care. Additionally, Chicago has had 6 killings in the past week from what I understand...the youngest victim was 3 years old. Again where's the outrage for this?

Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Florida, called Trayvon Martin a "victim of a botched police investigation full of incompetence or intelligent mismanagement." She added, "Trayvon was hunted, chased, tackled and shot. Ill-conceived laws and lax gun laws all contribute to this tragedy. Mr. Zimmerman should be arrested immediately for his own safety."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=hp_t1

Liberals will never pass up a chance to focus on the gun issue, will they? :rolleyes:

CNN is still stoking the Race Wars flame as frantically as they can, despite the fact this was minority-on-minority violence, and despite the fact that multiple witnesses have now emerged indicating that Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman after Zimmerman stopped following Martin and was heading back to his own car:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

At 8 p.m. ET Thursday at CNN studios in New York, Soledad O'Brien is hosting a town hall meeting called "Beyond Trayvon: Race and Justice in America." The special will air at 8 p.m. ET Friday on CNN.

I think it is slowly burning out, but I feel it should have been a debate on Self Defense and not on race or guns. Wilson is obviously a political attention whore- an elected ambulance chaser. Some kid gets shot and she wants to use that to ruin our coolest Amendment...

We think everyone has enough information on which to form their opinons.

Sincerely,

Tawana Brawley
Susan Smith
Duke Lacrosse

I did a quick google on Duke Lacross since I didn't know anything about it. Fucked up.

I was in North Carolina part of the time this was going on. IIRC the Black Panthers and others threatened the players with physical violence, all in the name of "justice."

Here is another gem from an op-ed about the that actually ran in a North Carolina college newspaper at the height of the lacrosse scandal:

The column, penned by senior history major and NCCU student government member Solomon Burnette, is titled "Death to All Rapists." It contends the dismissal of charges against lacrosse players David Evans, Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann wasn't surprising because American law "is not worth the paper it is printed upon."

Burnette -- son of former City Councilwoman Brenda Burnette -- concluded by saying that others must be ready to mete out "retributive correction."

"White people still murder us with impunity. White people still beat us with impunity. White people still rape us and get away with it," he wrote. "The only deterrent to these legally, socially and economically validated supremacist actions is the fear of physical retribution. Black men, stand up. Black women, stand up. Black children, stand up. We have been at war here with these same white people for 500 years. The time to fight, whether intellectually, artistically or physically, has always been now."

Is anyone else completely exhausted by the constant barrage of (mostly racially charged) social crises that we we've been inundated with under Obama's reign?

If it's not rich white kids (not) raping poor black stripper/prostitutes, its rich white politicians trying to keep the poor folks from the polls, or trying to take over womens' uteri, or crying voter intimidation when those revolutionary new black panthers exercise their constitutional right to intimidate voters.

Is anyone else completely exhausted by the constant barrage of (mostly racially charged) social crises that we we've been inundated with under Obama's reign?

If it's not rich white kids (not) raping poor black stripper/prostitutes, its rich white politicians trying to keep the poor folks from the polls, or trying to take over womens' uteri, or crying voter intimidation when those revolutionary new black panthers exercise their constitutional right to intimidate voters.

I kind of like them placing a bounty on Zimmerman's head and nothing being done about it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...uspension-police-want-demonize-194904865.html

Who, exactly, is the "they" here? As far as I can tell, only one person is suspected of killing Trayvon Martin. And reporting facts about a person is hardly killing one's reputation.

I wonder how she feels about the outdated pictures of both her son and Zimmerman being shown. Is that ruining Zimmerman's reputation? Oh wait, it's not because she's not on his side. It's only unfair and unjust when it happens to you. :rolleyes:

Back