United States & Gun Control discussion.

Just an FYI, these same people have videos reporting how the Illuminati is going to take over. That's just one of the conspiracy videos they have...they actually get better and more funny the farther you look.
True, but as they say... a stopped clock is right twice a day. Your Mileage May Vary lol

Just an FYI, these same people have videos reporting how the Illuminati is going to take over. That's just one of the conspiracy videos they have...they actually get better and more funny the farther you look.
Dagnabbit...I meant to post the article that had this video embedded...it's definitely a right leaning site, but they cite their sources: Why Have There Been More Mass Shootings Under Obama than the Four Previous Presidents Combined? | The Daily Sheeple

I'm actually not sure I'm against it at this point. I don't like the lack of due process, but apparently this last asshole was being investigated and fucking wreaked shop. I don't wanna see that again, before I go full WTF on the operation, i will say, dude shouldn't have been able to buy a gun, regardless of type.

$.02

I don't really like the idea of not being able to buy a gun just because you are on a watch list. One of my professors is proud of the fact that she is on a watch list purely because of a skill she acquired in getting her PhD, and with that idea implemented, a law abiding citizen would not be able to buy a gun. However, I'd be perfectly fine with an application process for people on the watch list to submit to the proper authority to be allowed to purchase a gun the first time. After that and a short period of not putting holes in innocent people, they should be able to buy just like the rest.

I don't really like the idea of not being able to buy a gun just because you are on a watch list. One of my professors is proud of the fact that she is on a watch list purely because of a skill she acquired in getting her PhD, and with that idea implemented, a law abiding citizen would not be able to buy a gun. However, I'd be perfectly fine with an application process for people on the watch list to submit to the proper authority to be allowed to purchase a gun the first time. After that and a short period of not putting holes in innocent people, they should be able to buy just like the rest.

A line has to be drawn somewhere regarding who can or can not be trusted. The watch list seems to be the logical choice.

I don't quite get how the PhD put her on the watch list. If she is proud to be on the list, I am happy for her:hmm:.

A line has to be drawn somewhere regarding who can or can not be trusted. The watch list seems to be the logical choice.

I don't quite get how the PhD put her on the watch list. If she is proud to be on the list, I am happy for her:hmm:.
The problem with the watch list is a mistaken entry means an innocent person can no longer fly, and they are not keen on removing people from the list.
They also try to avoid telling why you were put on the list.

The problem with the watch list is a mistaken entry means an innocent person can no longer fly, and they are not keen on removing people from the list.
They also try to avoid telling why you were put on the list.

Where does one go to be removed from the watch list? Do they appeal to the TSA, or begin with the LEO Community?

"If you're on the No Fly list you shouldn't be able to buy a gun."
"Great idea!"
"No, the No Fly has problems and shortcomings."
"Good point, there must be another option."

There is, I like to call it "FIX THE NO FLY LIST PROCESS."

We've reached this point in America where we recognize a problem, propose a solution and when someone points out a problem with the solution we discard that and move to another option.

We have a society where not only consumer goods are disposable, but so are our ideas. "Oh, someone doesn't like this. Better move on" is pure garbage. What happened to problem solving, compromise, and negotiation?

I see where a Democrat senator is going to filibuster to force a vote on AR legislation. All the blow-hards investing good spittle on a gun that is responsible for approximately .005% of gun deaths.

If you're on the terrorist watch list or the no-fly list, you shouldn't be allowed to use the Internet or speak about certain subjects (like religion or politics) and your freedom to associate should be curtailed (no attending mosques, for instance).

The First Amendment can be quite dangerous.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

Back