United States & Gun Control discussion.

This NZ has it right! Who needs an assault rifle or semi auto anyway? I mean come on!

:ROFLMAO:

From the article^: "We are effectively being punished for the acts of a foreign terrorist, and we want to make sure that our personal and private property is adequately compensated when it is confiscated."

Waiting until they figure out proper compensation huh? I wonder how many are holding out to see if they're going to start arresting 250,000 people.

The police had a plan in place to ban a lot of these rifles, which explains why they could bring it in so quickly. They've now just banned a whole lot of ammunition types too like tracers. I mean, really.

Initially they banned any centrefire which had a detachable magazine...like the Tikka with its 3rd mag. After some outcry from the hunting community they reversed it. Serves them right for throwing semi-auto owners under the bus.

I'm pretty sure Beto doesn't really understand what he's talking about here. This was a really dumb as fuck soundbite last night...and now he's turned it into a shirt.

Beto's AR-15 flip-flop: O'Rourke once vowed 'nobody' wants to seize guns

AR-15 First Civilian use- 1957ish
AR-15 Semi-Automatic Civilian use- 1963
M-16 adoption by the US Army- 1964
Not that many years ago, what he did last night would’ve been a Saturday night live bit, and people would have belly laughed because it was unimaginable that anybody would be that overt in their intentions while running for office.

What a world.

There isnt much difference left between SNL and modern politics.

How many million Americans thought Tine Fey's SNL character was McCain's running mate?
I can't be the only one that thinks Larry David is a better Bernie than the actual Bernie.
Americans have been getting their news from loudmouthed comedians for over a decade - politicians may as well embrace the crazy.
It worked for Donald Trump - it might just work for the group of Marxists that the democratic party has offered up this year.

The new normal - comin' at you live.

I can't help but feel like part of it is that he knows he was falling a bit further away from the front runners and has decided to go all in on gun control in an attempt to raise his popularity. I'm sure he (and the other candidates) would love for us to not have any guns, but the aggressiveness from him feels a little off to me.

I agree - Jon Stewart would have done a good job at convincing everyone that this was just a publicity stunt - and lots of Americans would have accepted that as fact.

Back