United States & Gun Control discussion.

Admittedly my knowledge of NASCAR is limited to knowing they drive fast cars around a track, but isn’t the typical NASCAR fan also a gun fan?

I spose the other major sports have long gone this direction, but I have to wonder if there will be any fallout from this.

NASCAR denies ads for AR-15 and AK-47 as a 'gradual shift on guns'

NASCAR has rejected advertisements from several firearm companies which were pitched for their raceway programs during the summer, in a move branded a 'colossal mistake' by firearm companies.

It comes amid heightened public concern over assault-style rifles after they were used in a string of mass shootings - but is especially controversial in a sport that is so closely associated with gun culture.

Admittedly my knowledge of NASCAR is limited to knowing they drive fast cars around a track, but isn’t the typical NASCAR fan also a gun fan?

Not really. Back in the 70s, 80s, yeah, Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough etc. Since then they've been steadily trying to shed the redneck image in order to appeal to a wider audience. It's like watered-down whiskey. You don't get more whiskey, you just get more water.

I spose the other major sports have long gone this direction, but I have to wonder if there will be any fallout from this.

NASCAR denies ads for AR-15 and AK-47 as a 'gradual shift on guns'

NASCAR has rejected advertisements from several firearm companies which were pitched for their raceway programs during the summer, in a move branded a 'colossal mistake' by firearm companies.

It comes amid heightened public concern over assault-style rifles after they were used in a string of mass shootings - but is especially controversial in a sport that is so closely associated with gun culture.
That tells me they want to make a political statement even though 90% of their fan base likely owns guns.

I'm going to write an article speculating whether the US could pass a universal background check if it were a person.

Given its history of violence, pattern of domestic abuse. and its Democrat/Republican schizophrenia, I'm going to have to go with "no."

What do you think?

11e may be a bridge too far.

I'm going to write an article speculating whether the US could pass a universal background check if it were a person.

Given its history of violence, pattern of domestic abuse. and its Democrat/Republican schizophrenia, I'm going to have to go with "no."

What do you think?

Would America fail the background check?

images-16.jpeg

...it only costs 395 dollars to kill ???

Fuck - that is dirt cheap. Who knew you could just pay for it.
Think of all those prison sentences that could have been avoided if criminals had just ponied up 395 dollars for a lifetime of killing.

Back