United States & Gun Control discussion.

I strongly disagree with UPS' stance (it is bullshit to be honest), but that article's headline is somewhat misleading. Is it true? Sure. Does it make the casual reader think UPS will not ship ANY firearms? I think that's also true. More gotcha' journalism, but this is why I try to find multiple sources on a topic. The media's version of "truth" is usually a half-truth at best.

I strongly disagree with UPS' stance (it is bullshit to be honest), but that article's headline is somewhat misleading. Is it true? Sure. Does it make the casual reader think UPS will not ship ANY firearms? I think that's also true. More gotcha' journalism, but this is why I try to find multiple sources on a topic. The media's version of "truth" is usually a half-truth at best.
Wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. Issue is that not many other outlets other pro-2A outlets are talking about it. I've seen it discussed for a couple months.

It's a clever strategy, as much as I despise it. Can't pass laws, pressure businesses. They did it with Visa/MC. They're doing it with UPS. They achieve their objective in quiet fashion, bit by bit, without the hassle of legislation.

You could get an automatic weapon at Dick’s before 2018?? (See article). They must have kept those behind the counter or something because I never saw one in any of my visits to that chain.

I caught that too. Another article written by someone who doesn't know squat about firearms.

You could get an automatic weapon at Dick’s before 2018?? (See article). They must have kept those behind the counter or something because I never saw one in any of my visits to that chain.
Yeah, as @AWP stated, there are definitely issues with some of the details in that article.

Then again, maybe Dick's really did sell automatic weapons and I didn't know about it either (I've actually never shopped there for firearms and avoid that trash store now like the plague for any other sporting goods items).

Last edited:
It's a clever strategy, as much as I despise it. Can't pass laws, pressure businesses. They did it with Visa/MC. They're doing it with UPS. They achieve their objective in quiet fashion, bit by bit, without the hassle of legislation.
In some ways, Corps have even more power to suppress our rights than the government. And we have less direct influence over them than we do politicians.

Meanwhile in Minneapolis, our Attorney General (Keith Ellison) is hard at work going after the businesses that legally sell guns to bad guys…

AG Ellison's lawsuit alleges Fleet Farm negligently sold firearms that ended up trafficked

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison announced Wednesday that his office has filed a complaint against Fleet Farm for, they claim, negligently selling firearms and other charges tied to gun trafficking.

Ellison -- along with Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter, and Richfield Mayor Maria Gonzales -- addressed the media as he filed the lawsuit in District Court.

Ellison says in selling close to 40 guns to two people in the span of a just few months, the company should have known they were being resold.

In one instance, Ellison says Fleet Farm sold 24 guns to one individual in a four-month span in 2021. Seven of these guns have been traced to crimes or suspected crimes, Ellison said.

1787: You can own cannons.
2022: A rifle should hold no more than 5 rounds and must be registered with the government. For the children.

Motherfuckers telling me to trust the science when their understanding of science comes from social media, government press conferences, and a media so biased Helen Keller can FEEL the bullshit. Scientists are jerking off on national TV while historians look like a 7 year old when they realize their deadbeat dad isn't picking them up that weekend so he can spend time with his girlfriend:

Sad-young-brown-tabby-kitten.jpg

2022: A rifle should hold no more than 5 rounds and must be registered with the government. For the children.

Motherfuckers telling me to trust the science when their understanding of science comes from social media, government press conferences, and a media so biased Helen Keller can FEEL the bullshit. Scientists are jerking off on national TV while historians look like a 7 year old when they realize their deadbeat dad isn't picking them up that weekend so he can spend time with his girlfriend:

How dare you use that kitty picture; it is a logical fallacy, a pictorial appeal to emotion. Now I have no choice but to be believe you.

Said it better than me.

Back