United States & Gun Control discussion.

How do they plan to deal with existing listed firearms? Grandfather in or outright confiscation? Buy-backs, LOL? You'll know the end has come when they start going after bows and crossbows.

So a Lee Enfield for example will be banned? I guess a Ross is OK because it has a 5rd mag correct?
So far, I haven't seen them on the list. We already have to have the magazines blocked to 5 if you use them for hunting. But I could see at least having them all blocked to 5.

How do they plan to deal with existing listed firearms? Grandfather in or outright confiscation? Buy-backs, LOL? You'll know the end has come when they start going after bows and crossbows.

The original ban on "assault-style" firearms was supposed to be a buy-back but they recently admitted they don't know how to implement it. We're also up to 4 provinces officially refusing to let any resources be used for the buy-back or confiscation.
The way this amendment is written, once it's law they don't have to offer a buyback; straight confiscation.

Here's a good explanation from one of our top lawyers.
𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐮'𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐦𝐢-𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐢𝐟𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐧 𝐈𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞 - 𝐀 𝐋𝐚𝐰𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬
Criminal Defence & Firearms Lawyer, Ian Runkle, explains what the Liberal's are doing with this new hunting gun ban amendment to Bill C-21, and why PM Justin Trudeau is so DESPERATE to distract Canadians from his many scandals, failed Canadian economy, and HUGE rise in violence and crime in our communities.

Just a reminder that since Trudeau took office:
✅ Random attacks are up 32%
✅ Murders are up 29%
✅ Sexual assaults are up 61%
✅ Hate crimes are up 72%

Nine months just to get an appointment for a fingerprinting for a pistol permit. Not to carry, just to have one. Probably going to be a year or more until I can legally own a pistol inside of my own home in NY State.

I have many, many more thoughts on this, but since "social media accounts" are now part of the licensing/permitting process, I think I'll keep them to myself.

Nine. Months. To get fingerprinted.

Nine months just to get an appointment for a fingerprinting for a pistol permit. Not to carry, just to have one. Probably going to be a year or more until I can legally own a pistol inside of my own home in NY State.

I have many, many more thoughts on this, but since "social media accounts" are now part of the licensing/permitting process, I think I'll keep them to myself.

There are things I just don't talk about on social media.

Guns are great. I'd like to own one some day.

I don't believe in guns. I believe the police will protect me. I firmly believe the state and federal governments will protect me. I know they have my welfare as their priority. Guns are for cops and military only. Words and emotions can fix any issue.

Practice conflict resolution and empathizing with others. You would not believe how safe my family is because of those techniques.

What county are you in?

Back