United States & Gun Control discussion.

The girls are from different parts of the city, Brown noted, adding that he wouldn’t describe them as a gang but said the girls allegedly were involved in what police call "swarming-type behavior." "

This yo-yo won't even call a gang a gang! What do you call a group of criminals?!

That's a huge part of the problem these days -- this soft touch approach to everything. The refusal to call things what they are is a failure to recognize a problem.

Isn't the legal definition of a gang something like an ongoing criminal organization with shared dress, symbols, colors, whatever? Unless they did this multiple times and agreed to all wear blue shirts or Dallas Cowboys hats or whatever, they legally wouldn't be a gang, just trash ass human beings.

Maybe not a gang by US definition, and depending on the state, but definitely conspiracy to commit murder, and murder, or whatever laws they have. Which in Texas would just be Capital murder and seek the death penalty.

Man, the ATF's final decision on braces are making heads absolutely pop. FWIW, I am not pro or against, but cannot help but notice the meltdowns right now over it.

Can we have 9 versus everything else topics back? At least the insults were in jest and not for real -_-

Meh, it's a stupid gadget anyway.

Sure, it's a stupid piece of plastic but, that's how the fucking federal rats will destroy 2A. They won't come for the guns. They'll ban everything that goes with guns to the point of guns being useless.

Case in point, pistol braces. I'll never understand the reason for them, my pops has a Sig MCX (I think it's that) with a brace. Overnight, peaceable Americans that own them will now be felons if they keep them? Fuck that, fuck the fed coats, brother. I'm just ranting.

Imagine if the fed coats went after the 5th or 6th, 1st or 7th amendments, folks would be burning shit down in the name of freedom but 2A, guns are bad.

It's about control.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regul...armswithattachedstabilizingbracespdf/download

ENJOY... 291 pages of the ATF self-justifying registration under NFA for pistols with pistol braces (the final rule is in there). Released yesterday.

I think the ATF is setting itself up. You know that this will absolutely be challenged in court and make its way to the Supreme Court, who has been knocking down anti-2A laws regularly. This could actually end up with an effective amendment to the NFA declaring all restrictive language related to rifles and pistols as unconstitutional. At the very least, it will end up with the court narrowing the redefinition and rulemaking power of the ATF.

Short version-
  • 120 days to register your "SBR" with the tax waived by submitting eForm1 (or several other options to change the configuration to make it not an "SBR")
  • During the period between filling out eform1 and the time you receive your determination and/or tax stamp you are able to legally keep your "SBR"
  • After the 120 day window, if you have a pistol that meets their definition of an "SBR" you're subject to enforcement actions
  • After the 120 day window, NFA applies to your pistol, including transfer taxes or such
  • If you have a pistol brace attached and it is determined not to be an SBR, after the 120 day period something as simple as changing the optics on it could result in a change in status and legality. You'll have to submit at that point and pay the tax. In other words, just go ahead and register it once the rule goes into effect.

I mean, I already have a taxed lower. Suppose I could put in for an untaxed lower now. Need to find a Gen 4 Noveske lower now.

I wanted to keep my thoughts separate from the actual document above.

My first big issue with this whole thing is notification. How will the general public know that this rule went into effect and what the date it went into effect is? Most people I know don't read the register. The ones who do don't read it every day. So this regulation goes into effect and the amnesty clock starts ticking with no warning.

How does the general public know how to fill out the forms? There are other forms required as a part of Form 1, namely the fingerprint file and the CLEO document (about which I know nothing). Typically we all rely on our FFL to fill out the paperwork when we purchase. Now that burden is being shifted onto people who have never done it before.

The waiting period between "pending" and "submitted" application status averaged 150 days in 2022. The document clearly states that the application must be submitted within 120 days. While I am sure they mean that the eForm has to be filled out with the supporting documents, they don't actually specify in the document. It could easily be impossible to meet their criteria as it is written.

What happens if you submit a faulty application missing information or a document and are required to resubmit it after the 120 day period? Do you then have to pay the tax as well? Are you a criminal at that point?

Oh, don't forget that you are now subject to all of the requirements of owning an NFA regulated rifle. Going to move? Better ask the ATF to transfer the firearm. You'll have to leave it behind until they approve it. Going shooting or hunting with buddies that live across the state line? nope... Live in a state that doesn't allow ownership of NFA items, you're screwed... Want to sell it or give it to a family member? You'll have to do NFA transfer paperwork and pay the tax.

This thing is an absolute nutroll

I wanted to keep my thoughts separate from the actual document above.

My first big issue with this whole thing is notification. How will the general public know that this rule went into effect and what the date it went into effect is? Most people I know don't read the register. The ones who do don't read it every day. So this regulation goes into effect and the amnesty clock starts ticking with no warning.

How does the general public know how to fill out the forms? There are other forms required as a part of Form 1, namely the fingerprint file and the CLEO document (about which I know nothing). Typically we all rely on our FFL to fill out the paperwork when we purchase. Now that burden is being shifted onto people who have never done it before.

The waiting period between "pending" and "submitted" application status averaged 150 days in 2022. The document clearly states that the application must be submitted within 120 days. While I am sure they mean that the eForm has to be filled out with the supporting documents, they don't actually specify in the document. It could easily be impossible to meet their criteria as it is written.

What happens if you submit a faulty application missing information or a document and are required to resubmit it after the 120 day period? Do you then have to pay the tax as well? Are you a criminal at that point?

Oh, don't forget that you are now subject to all of the requirements of owning an NFA regulated rifle. Going to move? Better ask the ATF to transfer the firearm. You'll have to leave it behind until they approve it. Going shooting or hunting with buddies that live across the state line? nope... Live in a state that doesn't allow ownership of NFA items, you're screwed... Want to sell it or give it to a family member? You'll have to do NFA transfer paperwork and pay the tax.

This thing is an absolute nutroll
CLEO signature isn't required. Should only take 30 days for a form 1 to clear if the paperwork is correct. I will say this, anything ever done for NFA should be on a trust.

CLEO signature isn't required. Should only take 30 days for a form 1 to clear if the paperwork is correct. I will say this, anything ever done for NFA should be on a trust.
And yet another example of something that the general public has probably never had to do before. e.g. I have no NFA items, so I've never set up a gun trust. Another expense and another area I know very little about that I will now be forced to do by this regulation.

And yet another example of something that the general public has probably never had to do before. e.g. I have no NFA items, so I've never set up a gun trust. Another expense and another area I know very little about that I will now be forced to do by this regulation.
(1) You'll need an ATF eForms account
(2) You'll need an NFA Trust
(3) You'll need Fingerprint Cards either from your local gun store or from silencershop. Silencershop has kiosks setup all around the country and it only takes one time registration to get your stuff on file. Makes it much easier when you buy something from them online. If you buy an NFA item from them, also buy the multi-shot trust. They'll basically create a trust for each purchase which allows you to submit without fingerprints of all parties that might be on a regular trust. You simply add someone later for that one particular item. Well worth it.
(4) You'll need to find a laser engraver for your lower. You're the manufacturer of the item, so your Trust info goes on it. If you do an individual stamp, your name goes on it instead of the Trust.
(5) Regarding the transport of an SBR, you'll need to fill out an ATF form 5320.20 for the location you'd like to travel. They can be sent in and approved for the calendar year so you can travel back and forth as you'd like. Suppressors don't need approval to travel.
(6) Make your overall length of your SBR to accommodate all uppers you might ever install. My understanding is you can go over, but not under. Yes, they need to be the same caliber. No 9" .300 BO on a registered 5.56 lower.

Great info GOTWA!

The online ATF eforms account is easy and makes the process fast. Most gun shops that deal with tax stamp guns have an engraver on site...pretty cheap.

You don't need a trust, you can do an individual stamp....but the trust is great if you want to add family members and they can take possession after you pass...etc. I have a couple of early SBR's I did on individual stamps, I'll be adding them to the trust.

Back