United States & Gun Control discussion.

I'd say he's a US patriot.
Abso-Fing-lutly! :D Uh, logically; if he was a ChiCom Patriot - he wouldn't have immigrated to the US to start with would he? (OK, OK... perhaps as a ChiCom spy. But if that were so, he wouldn't now be making himself so visible as a protesting patriot.) Regardless, sorry I wasn't clearer as I tried to include the dumb Confucius bit.

I hope this isnt a repost. This gentleman really touched me with his speech. He is a Tian'anmen Square "veteran" if you will. If anyone knows the value of the 2nd Amendment, I think he does.
Chop, thanks so much for posting that. Brings tears.

Well, that makes at least three of us so far. We should have one hell of a Shoot & Link-Up as soon as each of us has secured a place for our toothbrush.

Hell ya, I can throw out the names of several good civilian ranges with a variety of steel and paper targets going from 25 to up to 600 yards here in central :D

I just wanna reiterate something, and I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.

My wife told me today that one of the drivers who works for the restaurant she manages was lured to a home on the pretense of a large delivery order and subsequently held at gun point by an assailant with 'some kind of rifle' while two others stripped him of the food, his work cash, wallet and cell phone. The delivery location was less than 200M from my front door.

Are these dickwads gonna turn in their gear if the AWB passes? I don't think so. So, if anything, my possession of a high quality weapon and accessories and the training and know how to use it properly theoretically gives me a superior edge against these animals should they try to get roudy in my neighborhood. Food for thought for the fucking idiot liberals.

I just wanna reiterate something, and I know, I'm preaching to the choir here.

My wife told me today that one of the drivers who works for the restaurant she manages was lured to a home on the pretense of a large delivery order and subsequently held at gun point by an assailant with 'some kind of rifle' while two others stripped him of the food, his work cash, wallet and cell phone. The delivery location was less than 200M from my front door.

Are these dickwads gonna turn in their gear if the AWB passes? I don't think so. So, if anything, my possession of a high quality weapon and accessories and the training and know how to use it properly theoretically gives me a superior edge against these animals should they try to get roudy in my neighborhood. Food for thought for the fucking idiot liberals.

Preach brother preach.

Connecticut is proposing confiscation. http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00161-R00-SB.htm

Gov. Malloy, Sen. Beth Bye, and Rep. Bob Godfrey want outright bans.
  • An outright ban on modern sporting rifles classifying them as "Assault Weapons."
  • Restricting magazine size to 10 rounds.
  • Confiscating magazines holding more than 10 rounds, pistols included.
  • Statewide gun registration for ALL firearms.
  • Re-registration every 2 years.
  • Requires permit for any rifle with a pistol grip.
  • Limiting how much ammunition you can purchase AND possess.
  • Registration of all ammunition purchases.
  • Bans internet sales of ammo in Connecticut.
  • Mandatory gun storage laws, like the one the U.S. Supreme Court struck down in the Heller decision.
The first hearing will occur next Monday, Jan. 28, at 10 a.m. at the Legislative Office Building.

Gun Violence Prevention Working Group Public Hearing
Monday, Jan. 28, 2013
Legislative Office Building
10 a.m., Room 2C

Other bills
HB 5268, SB140
To require firearm owners to maintain liability insurance and establish a sales tax on the sale of ammunition at a rate of 50 percent and require all ammunition to be purchased in person.
SB 122
A class C felony offense for any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round.
SB 124
Prohibit the possession of magazines that accept more than ten rounds.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
How do most of you interpret the text?
Do you see it as two separate parts? 1) The right to a forming a well regulated militia and 2) the right to bear arms
Or as one part: the right to a well regulated militia which is necessary for the freedom of American citizens by allowing the militia the right to weaponry?

I agree with the Supreme Court's decision in D.C. v Heller:

(1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.
(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.
(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.
(c) The Court’s interpretation is confirmed by analogous arms-bearing rights in state constitutions that preceded and immediately followed the Second Amendment. Pp. 28–30.
(d) The Second Amendment’s drafting history, while of dubious interpretive worth, reveals three state Second Amendment proposals that unequivocally referred to an individual right to bear arms. Pp. 30–32.
(e) Interpretation of the Second Amendment by scholars, courts and legislators, from immediately after its ratification through the late 19th century also supports the Court’s conclusion. Pp. 32–47.
(f) None of the Court’s precedents forecloses the Court’s interpretation. Neither United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U. S. 542 , nor Presser v. Illinois, 116 U. S. 252 , refutes the individual-rights interpretation. United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174 , does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. Pp. 47–54.
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Really great point. An unarmed hero, no matter how noble or courageous, can get only so far trying to rush an armed attacker.

Even their truck drivers (Zim trucking, container, and logistics) range anywhere from armed to heavily armed. This is a publicized point in many parts of the world where you'd want it publicized. They simply refuse to be victims, or to be percieved as "soft" targets.

When I spent time in Israel, almost everyone in public was carrying. Whether a rifle or hand gun, it's pretty much a way of life there. I'm sure Hoepoe could weigh in on this as well.

As for the Samuel Jackson PSA, here's another counterpoint that reflects my beliefs/ Pay particular attention to .46 in the vid. Bingo.

eh, nvm. Won't get anywhere.
For one reason and one reason only: precisely because if it were attempted straight shooting Neanderthals like me all over this country would go apeshit on a mass scale. It's because we won't calm down and be quiet, because we are raising hell. If more people had gotten involved sooner, writing letters and making a scene like a spoiled fat kid on the cake aisle, things wouldn't have progressed even as far as they have. My point is if it doesn't happen, it isn't because 'they' aren't going to try.

Confiscation is every sane gun owner's nightmare, and every Post-Apocalyptic Doomsday Prepper's wet dream, every retired KGB officer's vindication since they warned us it was coming, every domestic sleeper neo-communists's coming out party, every patriot's bat signal. Confiscation is an express ticket to civil war.

Just saw a post on FB about Geico supposedly cancelling a guy's truck insurance because his company, gunadapters.com, is part of the "weapons industry". Attached is a photo of the cancellation letter they sent him. Anyone know if this is legit? I have Geico currently, but will be switching companies immediately if this is true.

GeicoCancel.jpg

Just saw a post on FB about Geico supposedly cancelling a guy's truck insurance because his company, gunadapters.com, is part of the "weapons industry". Attached is a photo of the cancellation letter they sent him. Anyone know if this is legit? I have Geico currently, but will be switching companies immediately if this is true.

View attachment 7727
I'd approach that one with some measure of caution until it is confirmed.

Meanwhile, the lamestream media in Chicago (Tribune) printed this image in a failed attempt to "educate" people on evil guns. :-/
And I bet all this time you guys thought that was for a sling, huh. :wall:

View attachment 7725

So total body count of mass murders in the United States involving bayonets mounted on rifles and/or grenade launchers? There must be some, since the Chicago Fishwrap feels compelled to warn every one of its' readers of this scourge upon humanity.

So total body count of mass murders in the United States involving bayonets mounted on rifles and/or grenade launchers? There must be some, since the Chicago Fishwrap feels compelled to warn every one of its' readers of this scourge upon humanity.

Exactly. I'd file my bayonette adapter off of my AR if it meant I could hold onto it when I moved to NY.

Oh wait a minute, mine was post-ban and never had one to begin with :wall:

Back