United States & Gun Control discussion.

This is starting to feel like the ESOS Boycott all over again. West Fork Armory is on board with the NYS boycott with California thrown in and soon to be Colorado.
https://www.facebook.com/WestForkArmory
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY! All New York Government and official purchases from New York Law Enforcement agencies within that state are cancelled. All future sales will be suspended and firearm servicing is halted until your current bans further restricting law abiding citizens is lifted.
This includes all sales of West Fork Armory WF-15 rifles, all magazines, optics, night vision, thermal optics, ammunition, or anything else we sale or manufacture for that matter. California you’re already on the list, and Colorado your borderline on the list. We suggest all other manufacturers and dealers do the same. Let this be heard and spread the word. Share it!

If CTD would sack up and stop price raping people I may start buying from them again. Buddy of mine went to a gun show here in Bell county today, said bare bones DPMS sportical 5.56 were selling for 2995! some dude was walking around with what looked like an AR10 all decked out with rails and the whole nine yards bragging he spent 6 GRAND on the thing. Fuckin idiot.

Quantico tactical had S&W M&P10's in stock last week for 1600. They're not the cheapest during normal times, but I gotta hand it to them, they've stayed honest and haven't gouged anyone. They've got my business from now on.

Colo. House passes gun-control measures
"The proposed ammunition restrictions limit magazines to 15 rounds for firearms, and eight for shotguns. Three Democrats joined all Republicans voting no on the bill, but the proposal passed 34-31."

Go Dems!

"The proposed ammunition restrictions limit magazines to 15 rounds for firearms, and eight for shotguns. Three Democrats joined all Republicans voting no on the bill, but the proposal passed 34-31."

Go Dems!

I am not sure if everyone is familiar with 10-22 magazines but this one comes to mind.
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=708700

Is this possible with an AR variant? If so, it is a great workaround for the people of Colorado. I imagine it would be a very front heavy weapon though. Enjoy Dknob!

Unfortunately the magazine count bill is just one of four that are out there. There are also:
House Bill 1229 requires background checks for all gun transactions;
House Bill 1226 involves concealed carry permits on campuses;
House Bill 1228 institutes a fee for gun buyers to cover the cost of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to perform background checks.

Unbelievable. It's been saddening to see the turn this country has taken in the last several years. This kind of nonsense is the result simple-minded, feeble human beings and beneath the dignity of a free people to engage in. I'm tired of hearing about things that Americans "can't do" or "have to do" because of the government.

Representative gov't is dying. This is a great example. It was obvious the popular opinion on Co's magazine bill was against it, but they voted for it anyway.

Good lord:

One of the problems I have with a lot of these bills is this political speak about rushing bills through. What the hell ever happened to considering public opinion? I understand that if you try and get everyone's opinion nothing would get done, but jamming all this legislation down people's throat's is a sure way to ensure corruption. That's not 'good of the people' right there, that's 'good for us (the politician)'

I especially like (being sarcastic) at the end of the video, and how a lot of other states are now calling for, outright destruction and surrender of grandfathered weapons. What I'm starting to suspect is that the Fed machine is realizing that gun control on the federal level will never happen and they're coercing the states behind closed doors to accomplish shit like this within their home territories with threats of reduced funding or whatever have you. Not unlike what they do with disaster aid if Senator (A) doesn't agree to vote a certain way on bill (Y).

I've had this discussion with folks over and over again, but it never ceases to make me shake my head and wonder what could POSSIBLY be going through their minds. Can they not see how much they are alienating a massive amount of the American public. The normal American public, which has not quite reached the depraved level they think it has, and the media would like us to think it has, yet?

They are drawing that line in the sand it and it's becoming clearer every single day with every single piece of 'law' that these fools are passing in their huddles without consent of the governed.

FACT: The higher the gun ownership rate per capita, the lower the rate of violent crime, per US Census Bureau.

States with highest >gun ownership< rates and >Violent Crime Rates By State< (where violent crime is defined as " murder, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault")

STATES IN ORDER OF HIGHEST GUN OWNERSHIP PER CAPITA

1, Kentucky
Population:4,314,113

2, Utah
Population:2,784,572

3, Montana
Population:974,989

4, Wyoming
Population:544,270

5, Alaska
Population:698,473

6, West Virginia
Population:1,819,777

7, South Dakota
Population:812,383

8, North Dakota
Population:646,844

9, Arkansas
Population:2,889,450

10, Alabama
Population:4,708,708

11, Tennessee
Population: 6,296,254

12, Oklahoma
Population: 3,687,050

13, Idaho
Population: 1,545,801

14, Colorado
Population: 5,024,748

15, Missouri
Population: 5,987,580

http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank21.html
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/06/28/states-with-the-most-guns.html

What's more if you look at the nations with the highest gun ownership rates per capita, compare these high gun ownership nations with their "Intentional Homicide" rates.

The higher the gun ownership, the lower the intentional homicide rates, with only a few exceptions:

Top 20 Highest Nations - Gun Ownership, In Descending Order
  1. United States 4.8 intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants
  2. Yemen 4.2
  3. Switzerland 0.7
  4. Finland 2.2
  5. Serbia 1.2
  6. Cyprus 1.7
  7. Saudi Arabia 1.0
  8. Iraq 2.0
  9. Uruguay 5.9
  10. Sweden 1.0
  11. Norway 0.6
  12. France 1.1
  13. Canada 1.6
  14. Austria 0.6
  15. Germany 0.8
  16. Iceland 0.3
  17. Oman 0.7
  18. Bahrain 0.6
  19. Kuwait 2.2
  20. Macedonia 1.9
www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/statistics/crime/Homicide_statistics2012.xls

Are you guys following this asinine crap out of Co now? Apparently their rep salazar said along the lines that women should use rape whistles and call boxes instead of being armed with guns because they may accidentally shoot someone who may or not be trying to rape them because they may not be able to tell the difference.

Or how about this from the University of Colorado?
This is the list of rape prevention tips given to female students
Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
http://topconservativenews.com/2013...-insults-women-with-gun-free-rape-prevention/

Back