Very cool Bald Eagle picture....

Fabulous. I don't know parakeets from parrots; we have birds of prey around my house, appears to be hawks. I saw one a couple evenings ago flying over our yard with a 2-3 foot snake in it's talons. I wish I had my camera. I love birds.

Fabulous. I don't know parakeets from parrots; we have birds of prey around my house, appears to be hawks. I saw one a couple evenings ago flying over our yard with a 2-3 foot snake in it's talons. I wish I had my camera. I love birds.
located a few miles north of you...we have a healthy population of Peregrine Falcons and beautiful Redtail Hawks...rock pigeons seem to be on the decline as well as the rabbit population..

located a few miles north of you...we have a healthy population of Peregrine Falcons and beautiful Redtail Hawks...rock pigeons seem to be on the decline as well as the rabbit population..

Where are you??

Yes, they must be redtail Hawks. Beautiful, huge, fearless. I don't think I've seen any falcons, but see a bald eagle once in a blue moon (Jordan Lake I think).

Maryland...

The Jordan Lake context (about 30 miles south of me), when they built the lake to support a nuke power plant the eagle population went to almost zero. The housing boom didn't help. Then they put nesting laws in effect and relocated some eagles to the lake. Now it's a flourishing community. I don't see them often, and when I do, it's a stop-everything-and-watch kinda thing. My kids don't get it.

Back