want to join 20th with 18x. emailed them and got this response. now what?

theaccountemail

Unverified
"Currently A/2/20SFG(A) is not currently allowing civillians with no prior service to attend SFRE due to the hazards and possible injuries that can occur during this selection process. Please contact your local recruiter and let him know you have contacted A/2/20 SFG(A) in regards to an 18X/REP63 contract and were instructed to contact a recruiter if the recruiter has any questions have him call the office number listed below."

so apparently some SF groups just flat out refuse 18x recruits?

"Currently A/2/20SFG(A) is not currently allowing civillians with no prior service to attend SFRE due to the hazards and possible injuries that can occur during this selection process. Please contact your local recruiter and let him know you have contacted A/2/20 SFG(A) in regards to an 18X/REP63 contract and were instructed to contact a recruiter if the recruiter has any questions have him call the office number listed below."

Seems like that's just one company, not an entire Group.

18X and SFRE are two different things. Generally, the SFRE is a selection process that NG SF units use to select which applicants that are already in the Guard, are ready to attend SFAS. Very few, if any states require civilians off the street to complete an SFRE to secure an 18X contract.

In most states, all that is needed to secure an 18X contract is an interview with someone in the unit, and to pass all the requirements at MEPS. It sounds like they are telling you that if you want an 18X contract, to hit up a NG recruiter and tell him that's what you want.

18X and SFRE are two different things. Generally, the SFRE is a selection process that NG SF units use to select which applicants that are already in the Guard, are ready to attend SFAS. Very few, if any states require civilians off the street to complete an SFRE to secure an 18X contract.

In most states, all that is needed to secure an 18X contract is an interview with someone in the unit, and to pass all the requirements at MEPS. It sounds like they are telling you that if you want an 18X contract, to hit up a NG recruiter and tell him that's what you want.
that's a very roundabout way of doing it. but i suppose he understands the system so it makes sense to him. and like the other guy said, only A company is closed.

that's a very roundabout way of doing it. but i suppose he understands the system so it makes sense to him. and like the other guy said, only A company is closed.
It sounds like you are confused. Do you want an 18x contact for A/2/20 SFG? If the answer is yes, you need to go to a NG recruiter and work with him to secure one. If you are a civilian, the SFRE is irrelevant to you.

It sounds like you are confused. Do you want an 18x contact for A/2/20 SFG? If the answer is yes, you need to go to a NG recruiter and work with him to secure one. If you are a civilian, the SFRE is irrelevant to you.
i want an 18x contract for NGSF in general. i don't know why the guy who responded to my inquiry thought i was interested in a/2/20 specifically.

Did you fill out a contact form with your address when you got in touch with them? It's likely A/2/20 is the closest NG SF units to you.
ETA @x SF med beat me to it.

Did you fill out a contact form with your address when you got in touch with them? It's likely A/2/20 is the closest NG SF units to you.
ETA @x SF med beat me to it.
Because I'm only old, not slow.... [prepares to practice roll under for the midriff kick, maybe getting in a single leg sweep along the way... before getting pummeled by the young guy]

A/2/20 is probably the closest unit to your home. Who did you send your request to? REP63 (NG18x) contracts can be hard to come by now.
it was a general "contact NGSF" form on one of their sites. they didn't reply directly to the message so i'm not sure what site exactly. i noticed a lot of NGSF threads. is it the new hotness?

it was a general "contact NGSF" form on one of their sites. they didn't reply directly to the message so i'm not sure what site exactly. i noticed a lot of NGSF threads. is it the new hotness?
Look up 20th Group locations, and see what unit is closest to where you live. It's probably 2nd battalion in Mississippi.

Back